Israel's forgotten Thai workers - BBC News

tampasailor

It'a amazing that such horrible and dangerous conditions exist in this day and age in what some people consider to be a civilized country. 

And I'll be sure to avoid all Israeli agricultural products after learning that they're the heaviest users of pesticides in the world.   

It'a amazing that such horrible and dangerous conditions exist in this day and age in what some people consider to be a civilized country. 

And I'll be sure to avoid all Israeli agricultural products after learning that they're the heaviest users of pesticides in the world.   
Heavier than Thailand?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Good Lord!

saw some Burmese in Samut Sakon who were living high on the hog on those THAI fish boat.

Do you mean those who are actually allowed to see land . Not those who are kept against their will on oats for year who never see land.

10 hours ago, Inn Between said:

You believe all that lies of the biased media? BBC is one of the best examples, they are governed by islamists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am i the only one who thinks that it's quite ironic that they could do exact the same video and exchange "Israel" with "Thailand" and "Thais" with "Burmese" and it would be totally accurate?

- Living in bad conditions

- No work safety

- Exploited by their employers

- Undetermined reasons for death

Exactly

I would take this with a large bucket of salt.

The Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation is all Left wing, they really don't like Israel (they really hate it), and lets face it, if Israel cured cancer the BBC would find a way to write something bad.

I'm not saying this report isn't true, it well might be.

But I believe the BBC about as much as those delightful ladies on Soi Cowboy, who insist that I am a 'Handsum man'.

Edited by toast1

Is Haaretz also a bolshevik organ?

https://www.haaretz.com/.premium-mysterious-syndrome-claims-lives-of-thai-workers-1.5340646
“Perhaps it’s like crib death. Sometimes they go to sleep and die before morning. One can’t tell”

They are definitely left wing. I wouldn't call them Bolshevik.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There was already a topic discussing this last year:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1070101-thais-working-in-israel/

While I'd take some of the sweeping denials with a truckload of salt, there are also some factual and reasonable comments here:

Israel rejects ‘distorted’ BBC report on abysmal conditions of Thai farm workers

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-rejects-distorted-bbc-report-on-abysmal-conditions-of-thai-farm-workers/

I kinda doubt that if things were as horrible as claimed, Thai people would still be eager to go work there. Not like there aren't other options. That said, obviously Israel needs to improve things - but then, reading headlines of local press, seems the same <deleted> is prevalent in the construction sector as well.