My recent Swampy entry

Nyezhov

I have OA extension and rentry permit.

Flew in from Atlanta via Korea air Seoul after a short code share. Had to show my Visa before boarding at origination airport cuz I had a one way.

At swampy my IO was gruff and curt to the assorted folks before me. Despite the fact that I looked like a homeless bum from 21 hours in the air, it was stamp stamp away I went. No bag x-ray either.

Got my cab,he tried to flat rate me 500, I told him meter and saved 100.

Then despite my exhaustion, hit some dens of iniquity. Got stopped in my cab at a Sukhumvit checkpoint, just held up Uncle Sam's booklet (lucky I had it I reckon) and  we were waved thru.

Just another day in Paradise then,neh? 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Does anybody really call it swampy?

Does anyone expect me to spell subhanapumi from memory while I'm in Mixx disco?

Were you here before it was built then? I was.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Flew in from Atlanta via Korea air Seoul after a short code share. Had to show my Visa before boarding at origination airport cuz I had a one way.

Could you elaborate please? You have a U.S. passport, and at check-in -- or the boarding gate -- was asked to see your Thai visa? Was that after they asked to see an onward ticket and you had none? Were the code share (origination) flight and your KAL flight on the same ticket?

2 hours ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

Could you elaborate please? You have a U.S. passport, and at check-in -- or the boarding gate -- was asked to see your Thai visa? Was that after they asked to see an onward ticket and you had none? Were the code share (origination) flight and your KAL flight on the same ticket?

Yep u elaborated for me.

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Why would 21 hours in the air make you look like a 'homeless bum'.? You've been sitting down for most of that time.

Yes, especially in business class.

Take a shower, shave, change shirts at the first stop.

Well rested look like a million bucks.

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Why would 21 hours in the air make you look like a 'homeless bum'.? You've been sitting down for most of that time.

Homeless bums spend all their time sitting on pavements/sidewalks begging for pieces of change.  Same as being on an aircraft except your begging to arrive in one piece with no changes!

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, especially in business class.

Take a shower, shave, change shirts at the first stop.

Well rested look like a million bucks.

Ummm yeah in that 1 hour between planes in Seoul. Plenty of time *insert eye roll here*

12 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Nothing made a Trotskyite more pliable than 14 straight hours in a small chair. They would confess and turn in their own mothers. Yes comrade,mom is a Trotskyite viper, just let me out of this chair

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I have OA extension and rentry permit.

Despite the fact that I looked like a homeless bum from 21 hours in the air, it was stamp stamp away I went. 

No reason to expect any problem entering on this visa or extension at the present time, even if you'd just thrown up on yourself. 

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like you planned poorly.

I always take 2 hours at least between stops to enjoy the lounge and amenities.

Well u take your planes as you find them. It's the Wednesday milk run out of Atlanta.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

to enjoy the lounge and amenities.

That comment should be in the jokes section.  Good planning for connected flights is to spend as little time in airports as at all possible.

PS not everyone is flying first/business and has access to "enjoyable" lounges.

Just now, lamyai3 said:

No reason to expect any problem entering on this visa or extension at the present time, even if you'd just thrown up on yourself. 

Well the chicken was pretty vile.

Just wanted to show the masses that there ain't no barbed wire at the door.

The true test will be next year with a SETV or even a walk in...

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It appears it was so vile it is even repeating on you on this forum with a double post!

Dude it was probably the nastiest thing I have ever tasted. Never order the chicken. The elderly toothless peasant next to me on his first airplane ride ever loved it though....ignorant old f*** just gobbled that chit right up.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude it was probably the nastiest thing I have ever tasted. Never order the chicken. The elderly toothless peasant next to me on his first airplane ride ever loved it though....ignorant old f*** just gobbled that chit right up.

Right tasty it was.....

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It appears it was so vile it is even repeating on you on this forum with a double post!

Worst airline food I've experienced was a long time back on an Air India flight New Delhi to Hong Kong (Air India booked by my company not by me).

After the airline food was served I realized why most passengers had brought their own meals on board, plus the airline food ran out before all the passengers were served even though many passengers refused the airline trays. And many passengers totally ignored the cabin crew and sat in the aisles to eat. 

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Worst airline food I've experienced was a long time back on an Air India flight New Delhi to Hong Kong (Air India booked by my company not by me).

Thank your stars you weren't flying domestic. On a HK flight they'd have pulled out all their best stops, whereas if you'd flown Delhi to Hyderabad you'd be sampling all their best slops. 

Archived