AXA launches premium car insurance service

AXA launches premium car insurance service

By THE NATION

800_7aa9272d4e60619.jpg

AXA Insurance, a major general insurance provider in Thailand, has launched the ‘AXA Preferred Garage’ programme featuring a collection of high-quality garages to better serve its car insurance customers.

The company has been named one of the Number ONE Global Insurance Brands for the 10th consecutive year.

AXA car insurance holders are offered immediate service without queuing, car delivery within 10 kilometres, one-year warranty of repair quality, guarantee of high-quality body paint, and complimentary car cleaning service. In addition, the company offers AXA Roadside Service, a 24-hour nationwide emergency assistance and AXA Sure, a 30-minute guaranteed arrival time at the scene of an accident.

Somjate Khunsriuchen, chief operations officer, said “AXA's Preferred Garage programme aims to deliver the best service. It also ensures the same premium service at its partners' garages”.

The five garages selected for the AXA Preferred Garage programme are: 148 Tepharak at Tepharak, Samutprakarn; Pho Thong Body Paint & Service at Suan Luang, Bangkok; Tong Charoen Yont Garage at Bang Bon, Bangkok; MBK Japan Garage at Sathorn, Bangkok; and Nam Samai Garage at Pakkred, Nonthaburi.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30375275

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-25

We have them for a few years. This year our first claim when a bike hit us, the bike being on the wrong side of the road, seems he was not aware you drive on the left. The so called agent who turned up agreed with the cops we were at fault and advised us to sign guilty, but added don't tell the company I said that. They were pretty good but the agent represents several companies and works in an area so do not appear to be interested in the company or the customers, ours just wanted a quick result and to get off. Think we will be looking for companies with their own agents, the garage they recommended though was top class, but it was Chinese Thai owned so to be expected.

My experience with AXA was generally good for the last 3 consecutive years I was with them with competitive rates and a viable NCB. I had their 'preferred garage' option but unfortunately when it came to my only claim, it ended badly. Out of the 3 parts needed to complete the repair, their preferred garage only bought one piece new (the fender) and the other two parts (headlight and front air dam/scuttle) were salvaged from other wrecks. The used headlight lens had been cleaned with something abrasive which wasn't detected until the first time I used the truck at night. The scuttle was originally red-painted (my truck is white) and this was only noticed a few weeks afterwards when I was replacing the fog light that had been damaged in the accident but not replaced. Cost-saving even on 'premium' insurance is common.

My advice for anyone getting any repairs done under any insurance at any garage is to check on the work being done as it is being done. Also, make sure you do the final, thorough handover inspection outside in bright lighting conditions rather than inside the shop.

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My experience with AXA was generally good for the last 3 consecutive years I was with them with competitive rates and a viable NCB. I had their 'preferred garage' option but unfortunately when it came to my only claim, it ended badly. Out of the 3 parts needed to complete the repair, their preferred garage only bought one piece new (the fender) and the other two parts (headlight and front air dam/scuttle) were salvaged from other wrecks. The used headlight lens had been cleaned with something abrasive which wasn't detected until the first time I used the truck at night. The scuttle was originally red-painted (my truck is white) and this was only noticed a few weeks afterwards when I was replacing the fog light that had been damaged in the accident but not replaced. Cost-saving even on 'premium' insurance is common.

My advice for anyone getting any repairs done under any insurance at any garage is to check on the work being done as it is being done. Also, make sure you do the final, thorough handover inspection outside in bright lighting conditions rather than inside the shop.

Also take photos of areas they will work on plus engine area. Our Toyota was hit rear RHS. On return and a week later at Toyota service centre we found out the new car battery was swapped out for one that was nearly dead and a different starter motor fitted. But no one at the smash shop knew anything about that! Without photo eveidence it was our word versus theirs.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

We have them for a few years. This year our first claim when a bike hit us, the bike being on the wrong side of the road, seems he was not aware you drive on the left. The so called agent who turned up agreed with the cops we were at fault and advised us to sign guilty, but added don't tell the company I said that. They were pretty good but the agent represents several companies and works in an area so do not appear to be interested in the company or the customers, ours just wanted a quick result and to get off. Think we will be looking for companies with their own agents, the garage they recommended though was top class, but it was Chinese Thai owned so to be expected.

I am surprised you accepted it especially if it was obvious the accident could only have been caused by the other party. 

Had a similar issue with a gf's car where the driver at fault was a "friend" of a local policeman - but not from the station that had jurisdiction. We refused to accept what they had written and complained via the broker about the agent who sided with the police guy. Was quickly resolved in our favour and I was told the insurance co. stopped using that particular agent.

I believe most of the big insurance companies seem to use contracted companies otherwise that would need a huge staff.  

Archived