Chevy touts ‘built-in quality’ on eve of Captiva SUV debut

rooster59

17 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I had one Chevy in the States.....a 1986 Blazer bought new. A piece of <deleted>.

I also had a 1988 Jeep Wrangler....another piece of <deleted>. 

That was the last US car brand I ever bought until my Thai gf wanted a Ford so I bought her a 2011 Ford Fiesta here in Thailand...another piece of <deleted> with a defective gearbox.

3-zip.....never again

I have driven Mercedes and Toyota since 1990 and never had any problems. Here in Thailand given the outrageous price of Mercs, I will always drive Toyota.

Strange! Wife and I both had 1986 Blazers, purchased new. Great vehicles. Mine was a tow vehicle treated rough. Never a problem.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe let's ask the other way around: Why do you think Americans who can afford it buy German cars?

Because they think it screams, "I have money".

Anecdotally speaking, I have a friend who sells USED business equipment. He always has a chuckle when they show up at his shop in their German made car to buy USED equipment (presumably because they don't have the money to buy NEW).

9 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

As the top selling cars in the UK are Fords. 

But they are made in UK or currently in Europe. The best made cars made by Nissan (wordwide) used to be from Sunderland.

Not made in USA. Apparently nobody wants their rubbish.

4 hours ago, neeray said:

Because they think it screams, "I have money".

Anecdotally speaking, I have a friend who sells USED business equipment. He always has a chuckle when they show up at his shop in their German made car to buy USED equipment (presumably because they don't have the money to buy NEW).

The "wannabies" in the UK drive BMW's, no wallpaper on their walls, just thick curtains to hide behind to watch who's oggling the drive...????

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, Pedrogaz said:

I had one Chevy in the States.....a 1986 Blazer bought new. A piece of <deleted>.

I also had a 1988 Jeep Wrangler....another piece of <deleted>. 

That was the last US car brand I ever bought until my Thai gf wanted a Ford so I bought her a 2011 Ford Fiesta here in Thailand...another piece of <deleted> with a defective gearbox.

3-zip.....never again

I have driven Mercedes and Toyota since 1990 and never had any problems. Here in Thailand given the outrageous price of Mercs, I will always drive Toyota.

All 2011 Fiestas had faulty gearboxes and all were given a ten year guarantee once they had identified the problem. Although a pain in the ass we did get a new gearbox fitted free of charge

We have had two Captivas from new.

Needless to say we were very happy with the first one which is why we p/ex'd it for a second. Got a very good p/x for it too.

However the one we brought 4 years ago is outstanding.

With a turbo it really flies, the convenience of having seven seats is very useful as I have a big family who come to stay and it's great being able to take everyone out in the one car.

Could have had a Fortuner but it was at least 200,000 baht more so we stuck with what we knew.

No regrets

Archived