No more VISA Run thread - and the probationary period

onlycw

Try, before you buy - schools like that. And they won't start on a B-VISA then the WP before those 120 days will be over.

What happens to teachers caught working illegally?

Add the TM-30 issue for those who stay at their schools... 

Am worried and contemplating to give up in case of not getting the proper (improper) T-VISA next time to somehow make it through the propationary period.

Plan B? That would be a one-way flight home! 

What is your situation during the probation period?

There is no probation period other than the period in which you or your employer can terminate the contract. Also during the porbation period you must have a work permit and (if applicable) a teaching license.

If you get caught you can go to jail. A fine and deportation is more likely. Same goes for the emplyer, although he will not be deported. Lots of treads in the news about schools being chekced and arrested for working without a WP.

To the OP, about the probation period...they can let you go whenever and for whatever reason anytime really. Do what is best for you and this can include insisting they sort out your paperwork soon as possible rather than laying down to them. Give your best performance too! I understand some folks may really need the job however, if you are comfortable enough to seek out a school that works for you and how you want, obviously do that. This includes a school that will work on your paper work quickly, rather than 'having you on a string.' School administrations can be quite shady if they aren't too happy with you or your face. ???? Some, are better than others.

Schools should give you a heads up that officials may be coming to check your paperwork. Well, I was a school that did it, as there were a boat load of English without WPs.

IMO, whoever takes their teaching job here too seriously is just on some kinda power trip. That said, again, do what is best for you, including searching for schools that will process your paperwork within your first month, take time off to get your TR visa while you wait (check for payment for not coming in) and being persistent from the start during your interview about your concerns!

I've worked at half dozen schools. All WP have been processed in less than 90 days from first day of school. Most have been done around 45-60. My latest school was three weeks after start of school. I'm sure you're being vetted but so is everyone else. It's most likely administration is overwhelmed and teachers not high priority at low resource schools. Work at better schools! Question for you is do you have all your paperwork ready to go? Do you have your license (of course not)? School needs to get you a waiver before the work permit. That's another stack of papers. If it puts you in a panic just stay at a school the paperwork is greatly reduced biannually.

Archived