Advice Please

alan grice

Im getting a new SUV. Has anyone actually purchased an Expensive Totally clear Window Film, and how much did they pay. Not interested in those ive seen displayed here with pics claiming to be clear, they are not imo. I only want it to keep UV Rays off the leather seats, i have Sun Glasses for Sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes but im asking about brands known to members other than 3Ms. Thai dealers think your retarded if you dont want blackout curtains, or anything costing more than 50 setang .Im sort of guestemating around 12k at an independent dealer. And advice from someone who has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is stuff out there but you will have to find an agent..

https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/clear-window-tint

Thats what im after, names, now i can get the Old Dorris to search around for me.. Its a new CRV diesel twin turbo, and the Sales Folk showed me some awful stuff Thais love.They see it as fashion statement.!.

44 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Thats what im after, names, now i can get the Old Dorris to search around for me.. Its a new CRV diesel twin turbo, and the Sales Folk showed me some awful stuff Thais love.They see it as fashion statement.!.

Crystalline 70 ... tell the dealer that you will organize it yourself and asked for the money that he has allocated to supply the film 

2 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Honda offer very little unless there an update next month, even less cause im not using finance.Thanks iv had Crystalline before but its that old i wondered if its time to change.

No it is still the best but you could also look at Lumina Special Series something like BL80 if I recall it correctly

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Honda offer very little unless there an update next month, even less cause im not using finance.Thanks iv had Crystalline before but its that old i wondered if its time to change.

There's no update for the crv for ages. We got a 40K discount+ honda help pay for a year (36K)+tint+ceramic coat, ect. Same car as yours. 

See what grade of tint that honda offers. When I got mine done I saw a HRV there. It had really dark tint, but is actually quite clear from the inside of the vehicle. They said it was a higher grade than the one I ordered. 

Or just select the tint you want for the other windows and ask them not to tint the front. You can then hunt around for the front tint. 

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Jusr Thought it has no gear lever thing just a Fwd n Rev push buttons and many gears im told.

I assume you test drove it. Yes it's twin turbo and 9 speed box. You won't get into 9th unless you are over 130 km/h though. I didn't try that yet. Petrol consumption is very good for its size. 19 to 20 km/l on the highway. I get about 14 to 15 km/l around nonthaburi where I live. That's mixed traffic plus getting in jams sometimes. There is a remap available for 10000 baht from Powerlab. 

On 8/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, DavisH said:

I assume you test drove it. Yes it's twin turbo and 9 speed box. You won't get into 9th unless you are over 130 km/h though. I didn't try that yet. Petrol consumption is very good for its size. 19 to 20 km/l on the highway. I get about 14 to 15 km/l around nonthaburi where I live. That's mixed traffic plus getting in jams sometimes. There is a remap available for 10000 baht from Powerlab. 

edit...traffic sucked this morning but still managed 9 km/l...at an average of about 17 km/h. Lots of crawling. 

8 hours ago, alan grice said:

Dam phone got good extras in the end ready Monday . Ceramic Coat Pearl White, good advice, thank You.

Enjoy the ride. You will appreciate the extra ground clearance in this nasty weather. You got the 4wd or 2wd? 

Usual Story , no one wants clear round here.So Honda have arranged for it to be fitted in BKk next week on Visit to Son.Lamina as link shown . Seems that Taxis must use it, so thats where its plentiful.!..Nice link thanks

11 hours ago, alan grice said:

Top Twin Turbo Diesel, 1.7 Mill bht 4 wd.

Same as mine but I got the modern steel metallic. The one thing I don't like is that it is a little jerky changing between 1st and 2nd gear in stop and go traffic. But everything else seems fine so far. I wished they had a 5 seat diesel.

19 minutes ago, alan grice said:

I think my biggest problem will be Settings..Rarely in traffic. Seats , well , never really care much about them.Just fancied a change from Cars.

What settings?

5 hours ago, transam said:

Just imagine the extra folk that have gone to meet their maker over these touch screens whilst driving in LOS...:whistling:

Touch screens on the latest cars, don't work if your moving. (That's even at 1 kph) Only operative when stationary. 

12 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Touch screens on the latest cars, don't work if your moving. (That's even at 1 kph) Only operative when stationary. 

That will not make any difference, in fact it may be worse, folk wondering why it don't work and frantically prodding the thing...????

Archived