Advice Please

alan grice

The GPS seems to work when your moving but i listen to the voice not look at screen thing.. This dont have nonsence is annoying.Remember having dash cam fitted, and the Shop 800km from where i live had 3 clear. Solar something, Isocool, etc, theres 12% tint in OE glass anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, alan grice said:

The GPS seems to work when your moving but i listen to the voice not look at screen thing.. This dont have nonsence is annoying.Remember having dash cam fitted, and the Shop 800km from where i live had 3 clear. Solar something, Isocool, etc, theres 12% tint in OE glass anyway.

Of cause it'll work when you moving. That's what it's supposed to do. I stated that you cant set it when you are moving. (A safety set up) My Buddha there are some real plonkers on TVF. 

56 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Of cause it'll work when you moving. That's what it's supposed to do. I stated that you cant set it when you are moving. (A safety set up) My Buddha there are some real plonkers on TVF. 

Who has joined you..?  ????

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Who has joined you..?  ????

For your information I used to look at TVF to see what was going on in Thailand. Now I only look once a week if that.

Lately it just seems full of idiots that need to get a life.

You know people that make replies at 7am on a Sunday morning then sit on TVF for the rest of the day just putting in anything, (that is normally off topic) just to get another post under their name. Those are the peeps that I am referring to. But if the cap fits???

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

For your information I used to look at TVF to see what was going on in Thailand. Now I only look once a week if that.

You know people that make replies at 7am on a Sunday morning then sit on TVF for the rest of the day just putting in anything, (that is normally off topic) just to get another post under their name. Those are the peeps that I am referring to. But if the cap fits???

After reading that I think you have a nerve calling members "plonkers"......????

13 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

A lot of the "plonkers" hate the truth being told, especially when the shoe fits so snugly......

3 minutes ago, transam said:

After reading that I think you have a nerve calling members "plonkers"......????

Well what would you call people that reply to other posters on TVF that have been bared twice on TVF. But have sneaked back on under a new format.

No need to reply as I will not be on TVF for at least another week, if that.

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Well what would you call people that reply to other posters on TVF that have been bared twice on TVF. But have sneaked back on under a new format.

No need to reply as I will not be on TVF for at least another week, if that.

That's a relief.....:clap2:

2 hours ago, alan grice said:

DavisH, 1n 2nd no problem, but does that button above the ECO actually do anything or does me being a hi way chap render it inactive.?.. very happy so far.!.

Don't bother with the idlestop button. It's juast annoying in traffic as well and will put undue stress on the battery. The crv with idlestop uses a deep cycle battery whick cost more than the standard battery (haven't checked on the price though). I normally turn off the idlestop and I leave the eco button on all the time. I do like the brakehold though. 

Definately do as much high speed driving as possible and preferably use premium diesel. This can help keep the dpf clean. 

6 minutes ago, alan grice said:

What buttons do You Press on exiting.?. My Wife has her own sequence I don’t see the point off.Still a bit strange having no levers n things.Whats your everyday exit brake wise.

Park button (P) then the park brake button (pull it upwards). 

On 8/25/2019 at 1:23 PM, alan grice said:

Yes but im asking about brands known to members other than 3Ms. Thai dealers think your retarded if you dont want blackout curtains, or anything costing more than 50 setang .Im sort of guestemating around 12k at an independent dealer. And advice from someone who has it.

cost me about 10k some years ago, for my two condo rooms .....

park brake button.....???
Do you mean the HAND BRAKE???

No, he probably means something like this:

IMG_2673.JPG

I had one in a Mitsu ASX and it took some getting used to remembering which way it worked, i seem to remember pushing it down put the brake on and pulling it up took the brake off ( opposite to using a handbrake ☹️) .

I think on mine the light was very dim also which didn’t help .

5 hours ago, alan grice said:

Thanks, whats this B20 Biodiesel Mitsu are promoting, is it for everyone.?.

I don't thnk this has been tested in the crv. The crv is euro5 spec. I think you should use premium only at this time. It's not much more than regular. The dpf is an expensive bit of equipment so I am doing my best to stop if getting clogged. 

3 hours ago, alan grice said:

Fuel not bad kpl.IMG_3815.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not bad, but it depends on your driving conditions. My reading on the current is about 13 km/l but the traffic has been quite heavy. I'm averagine 14.7km/l since I got the car 6 months ago (I leave that on trip A) and reset trip B every time I refuel. As a comparison, my swift has averaged 15.1 km/l over its last 2000km. 

Watch them refll your car and make sure they put diesel in (not benzene). There have been some cases where benzene was put it and the tank had to be drained. Its not possible to put in diesel to a petrol version crv though as the nozzle is too large to go in the filler hole. 

7 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Just a chuckle DH those twin turbo things make many seem dead in the water miid range , rather surprised by the whoosh!.????

It goes quite well but runs out of steam at high speeds. Not a problem really as it's not a race car. It pulls well and changes gear quite fast. Ig you accelerate hard it will jump gears - e.g. from 2nd to 5th. The 2wd version is a bit quicker and a little more fuel efficient. Note how you cant get into top (9th) gear until 130km/h or so. 

Archived