Phuket : Retirement Extension

I'm Heading to Phuket Immigration this week, any new/special/curveball type tips from anyone enjoying the experience in the past few months ?

One Point re the 800K thb, So I need :

1. Letter from Bank
  2. Bank Statement for 2 months (I'll make it 3 to be sure)
  3. And I need to copy past 2-3 Months Bank Book Pages also ?

No big deal I'll prepare all of the above anyways I guess ...

Cheers,

Cliffy.

Ps Yup I've check Phuket Immigration Volunteers website.

Ps This from a 2 year old Phuket thread : 

Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 2/3 months transactions showing at least THB 800.000.
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money for the required period.
( 2 months first time, 3 months for consecutive extensions and both letters and updated bankbook maximum 7 days old )

The best for you would be to get some written confirmation about the recent requirements by your immigration office.

Trat immigration requires:

1. original Passbook (submission date)

2. copy of all Passbook pages (submission date)

3. Letter from the bank/Certificate of deposit (submission date)

4. Statement by the bank showing the last 3 month (submission date)

Trat immigration also wants the TM47 together with TM7.

All immigration offices require different documents and are totally unpredictable.

Regards

49 minutes ago, hagai said:

The best for you would be to get some written confirmation about the recent requirements by your immigration office.

Trat immigration requires:

1. original Passbook (submission date)

2. copy of all Passbook pages (submission date)

3. Letter from the bank/Certificate of deposit (submission date)

4. Statement by the bank showing the last 3 month (submission date)

Trat immigration also wants the TM47 together with TM7.

All immigration offices require different documents and are totally unpredictable.

Regards

Thanks, just trying to avoid extra days trips to the Immigration Office etc ...

ALthough I did read somewhere the Bank docs, not specifically Phuket, Bank docs could be 7 days old,. I do intend get docs on the Monday, going on the Tuesday, or possible Monday afternoon !

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

CW requires activity in bankbook on day of application. Most folk deposit 100baht. Not sure if Phuket also require this.

Do Phuket require a TM30?

Again CW does.

Thanks I'll do the 100thb deposit trick too then...

2 hours ago, hagai said:

In Trad they started refusing bank statements from the previous day just recently. Phuket could be different, but why risking an additional trip?

Have just been asked by a friend, whose retirement extension is due shortly, if Phuket immigration now require the bank letter and information to be dated on the day of the application??

I wasn't sure on that as I got mine the day before on my last extension and it was accepted.

Does anybody know if Phuket immigration now require the bank information date to be on the actual day of the application??

11 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Not sure about Phuket, but at CW Bangkok they also want a hand drawn map of how to get to your house (they rejected a google map) and a photo of you standing in front of your house or accommodation.

Is that for every retire extension ?

Although the OP states that he has looked at the Phuket Immigration Volunteers' website, I think it worth posting here.   You should read the full text, and note the requirement of map/photos.   If you fulfil all the details of the requirements, you'll have no difficulty in obtaining an extension.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

• Like 2

Not sure about Phuket, but at CW Bangkok they also want a hand drawn map of how to get to your house (they rejected a google map) and a photo of you standing in front of your house or accommodation.
I did my retirement extension of stay at CW on 21 Aug 2019...map required but no picture. This was my tenth retirement extension of stay at CW....a picture has never been required. Now various pictures are required for a marriage extension of stay.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

Does anybody know if Phuket immigration now require the bank information date to be on the actual day of the application??

Whatever the answer may be, it is absolutely uncertain the same rule will apply to you, the day you visit Immigration.

• Haha 2

I received my retirement extension in Phuket on July 31. Here are the documents I submitted:

• I have an SCB fixed deposit of 810,000 and I did a 1000 electronic deposit before going to get the bank letter so my passbook was updated. I got the letter in about 30 minutes. I submitted the letter, a copy of the front page of the passbook and the page with the amount details. I did all of this one day early on July 30.
  • Passport copies (on separate pages) of detail page, current extension, previous extensions, last entry stamp, TM6 card
  • Both a Google map and a hand draw map of the location of my condo
  • Picture of me in front of my condo
  • Passport size picture
  • TM 7 form (I had printed and filled out the form before I went)
  • Copy of the TM30 receipt from the website (I use the website to submit my TM30)

I don't know if they required all of the above, but they didn't hand anything back to me and my extension was approved. I went on a Wednesday at 9:30 am and it wasn't busy. I was finished in an hour or two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

Although the OP states that he has looked at the Phuket Immigration Volunteers' website, I think it worth posting here.   You should read the full text, and note the requirement of map/photos.   If you fulfil all the details of the requirements, you'll have no difficulty in obtaining an extension.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Thanks Pagallim, that is handy to have on record. However I couldn't see any mention of the bank statements/details required date?

I will ask the volunteers through that link and see if I get an answer.

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks Pagallim, that is handy to have on record. However I couldn't see any mention of the bank statements/details required date?

I will ask the volunteers through that link and see if I get an answer.

I have received an answer from the volunteer website which states the following:-

"The bank papers are officially valid for 7 days. I would suggest that you bring bank papers that are not older than 2 maximum 3 days".

Great that they replied with a speedy answer.......good service IMO.

• Like 1

Just FYI I passed all my docs as per the Volunteers list to a Thai friend who has a Thai Agent friend. I'll know in the morning if all OK. I'm supposed to go at 11am tomorrow to get my photo taken.

(Just FYI I had TM30 issues last year, hence why I go the Thai Agent route this year (and last)....

14 hours ago, Estrada said:

When I was there in July, they wanted a map to my home, and accepted a Google maps printout with my handwritten markings over it showing my home's location.

BKK CW has never asked for photos in connection with retirement extensions, AFAIK. But photos are a standard part of marriage extension applications.

13 hours ago, swervinphuket said:

Renewed mine at Phuket last week, you need a hand drawn map showing location of your house plus a photo of you standing outside your property clearly showing the number of your property.

I did my retirement extension of stay last week in Phuket too.  They are not very consistent with the requirement (document).  They did not ask for a map to my residence.  Even for the photo standing in front of the house was not asked for by the IO outside Rm103 nor his boss in the room.  It was the young man doing the data entry who asked for it.  After collecting my receipt, I asked the IO outside the room about showing bankbook after 90 days.  He said "Don't ask, don't know and nobody knows what is going to happen next year".

Another observation.  Unlike previous years, there was no one waiting outside Rm103 (9am).  After checking my document, I was sent straight into the room.

• Like 1

Just a quick FYI, had to pop to Immigration to have my Photo taken today, took 1 minute, and had to show the real SCB Bank Book also.

Apparently all ready tomorrow (incl. Multiple ReEntry).

There was about 4 people inside the room, just a couple outside at 10.30am so not bad timing for lunch in the new Central afterwards...

• 3 months later...