Is 30 baht shuttle bus from Hua Hin bus station still available?

thairookie

I'm new to HH and will be making my maiden trip next month.  I plan to take a RRC bus from Swampy Airport to Hua Hin bus station, which I understand is located near the Airport.

I understand RRC via Bell Travel provides shuttle bus to the hotel, but one has to pay 100 baht more, bearing in mind booking online will incur another 50 baht.

I read from many websites that one can catch a bus from the HH bus station to Clock Tower for 30 baht.  Is it still available ?  Where exactly is the 30 baht bus located ?

Thank you for sharing.

17 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

That bus will cost you 100 baht, not just to clock tower, but to other places in

Hua Hin.  30 baht may have been 10 years ago.

Geezer

100 baht is the one by Bell that will take you to hotel.  I'm referring to the one that brings you to Clock Tower only.  Is it a green bus ?

8 minutes ago, thairookie said:

100 baht is the one by Bell that will take you to hotel.  I'm referring to the one that brings you to Clock Tower only.  Is it a green bus ?

i will show you where to get the green 10 baht bus after i finish eating breakfast.

51 minutes ago, thairookie said:

I read from many websites that one can catch a bus from the HH bus station to Clock Tower for 30 baht.  Is it still available ?  Where exactly is the 30 baht bus located ?

Walk outside to the main road, wave the songtaw down.

I'm sure it was only 15bht.

if you walk out of the bus terminal and turn to the left (south) walk along the highway for 500 meters until you get to the first U-turn.

this is where the green 10 baht bus makes a u turn at the end of the north bound run and then returns to Hua Hin.  

it goes to the area of the night market for 10 baht. then you can get on another green bus for 10 more baht and go all the way to Khao Takiap. The mountain top Wat with the monkeys.

47 minutes ago, thairookie said:

location of pick up point:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.6267995,99.9509411,3a,75y,189.61h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sua7r169ZDrxK4F9rkRSoLg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dua7r169ZDrxK4F9rkRSoLg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D195.32578%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Capjkhgture_LI.jpg

Captuhgkjhre_LI.jpg

The RR bus from BKK will take you to the RR bus terminal in HH. It is ~5-7 km north of town centre (clock tower). RR will take you to the clock tower in a minivan, no charge. The same minivan will go on to deliver people to hotels for 100 baht. (I am sure it will be more if your hotel is outside the city limits).

3 hours ago, UKJASE said:

yes free bus to clock tower - but he wont let you get off before clock tower.  at least he wouldnt with me.  if you want to get off before clock tower you have to pay the 100 baht ????

That is correct I went on the free minibus to the clock tower and asked the driver to drop me off at the end of my soi (about halfway but still on the highway.

If I got off there the charge was B100. But for me to continue to the clock tower it was free.

2 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

That is correct I went on the free minibus to the clock tower and asked the driver to drop me off at the end of my soi (about halfway but still on the highway.

If I got off there the charge was B100. But for me to continue to the clock tower it was free.

Sounds more complicated than Game of Thrones!

On 8/31/2019 at 2:53 PM, thairookie said:

Can I flag a green bus outside clock tower to bring me to RRC bus station ?

I assume you’ve been and gone. Out of interest, what happened? What time did you arrive at HH airport? Did you get the 10 baht bus ok? And how did you get back to the airport at the end of your trip?

Another question: how many people were on your airport bus? The reason for asking is, I never book the bus online. Once I have landed at bkk and have collected try suitcase, I walk through to the HH desk and buy my ticket. The buses run throughout the day. Apart from public holidays, each one never seems to be more than half full, but I appreciate that your experience may have been different, which is why, out of interest, I am asking ☺️

On 8/31/2019 at 9:54 AM, jonwilly said:

And they talk about Chinese being 'CAREFUL' with money.

john

FOR ME its not about money, its about control. Anything to not talk to the taxi mafia. And the Green Baht bus takes you to many locations. 

34 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

FOR ME its not about money, its about control. Anything to not talk to the taxi mafia. And the Green Baht bus takes you to many locations. 

But do you know what time the green baht bus stops running out to nearby the airport? When I use the airport bus, I usually arrive, after a three and half hour journey, about 8 or 9 pm. I would have thought at that time it would be a long wait for the cheap bus.

1 minute ago, silver sea said:

But do you know what time the green baht bus stops running out to nearby the airport? When I use the airport bus, I usually arrive, after a three and half hour journey, about 8 or 9 pm. I would have thought at that time it would be a long wait for the cheap bus.

yes it stops at 19:30.

5 hours ago, silver sea said:

I assume you’ve been and gone. Out of interest, what happened? What time did you arrive at HH airport? Did you get the 10 baht bus ok? And how did you get back to the airport at the end of your trip?

Another question: how many people were on your airport bus? The reason for asking is, I never book the bus online. Once I have landed at bkk and have collected try suitcase, I walk through to the HH desk and buy my ticket. The buses run throughout the day. Apart from public holidays, each one never seems to be more than half full, but I appreciate that your experience may have been different, which is why, out of interest, I am asking ☺️

I am due in a few days' time.  I will share my experience when I have been there and done it.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, silver sea said:

I'm in Hua Hin now.  I didn't arrive at the airport, but RRC Bus Terminal, which is about 200m from the airport.  I booked my bus from Bangkok to Hua Hin via Bell Travel online, and paid additional 50 baht for booking online and 100 baht for the van to take me from RRC Bus Terminal to the hotel.

The green Songthaew has a central pickup point at the Night Market between Soi 70 and Soi 74, along the road called Sa Song.  So you will not see the green Songthaew along Phetkasem between Soi 70 and Soi 74 stretch.  They turn into the Soi and then Sa Song.  One goes to the Airport and the other, Bluport direction.  The cost is 20 baht from the pick up point to Airport; 10 baht to Bluport.  I guess if you go all the way to Khao Takiab it will cost you more.  They charge additional 5 baht after 7 pm, though.

As for the VIP bus from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, it has 24 seats.  Separate time slots for online booking and counter booking.  For example, I booked 11.30 am and that time slot is not available for counter booking.  I'm not sure if they allow you to book via counter if the online booking time slot has vacant seats.  In my case, the bus was full.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

if you are at # 94, the easiest way is to wait in front of Market Village. On the small road parallel to the canal, there is an entrance for market village. Otherwise, you take the normal path.
There is the green that goes to the airport, but I think you have to change to night market. You have to show the driver where you are going.
He will explain you.

There is also red, but that goes to Makro. On the other hand, there are not many.

Archived