BANGKOK
Andrew Dwyer

What to make of this ?

Had a visit from some shifty Thai guy the other day and am confused by his motives .

I live in a moobahn , a sub soi, very quiet, 6 houses , a cul-de-sac and I live at the end.

I was in the lounge and my gf was sitting on the porch when this old car reversed into the soi and parked in front of the empty house opposite.

The guy gets out, 70’s hairstyle and very large sunglasses, looked like a used car salesman !!

Calls to my gf and started telling some tale and gesturing over the end of the soi ( 2 metres no mans land then a row of town houses ). Said he lives over there .

The gf calls me and repeated his story :

He is married to a Brit ( from Derby ) and has a child with her, both are in the uk at the moment.

He had “ intercepted “ some texts to her from a farang talking bad about him and using a gps traced the texts to the proximity of our house.

He retrieved a small tablet from his car and tried to find the texts ( but couldn’t ) and asked what my name was, I told the gf not to tell him and ask him what was the name on the texts.

He couldn’t remember

At this point I told the gf to tell him that her brother was police and she would pass it on to him .

He gave a couple of wai’s and drove off.

I regret not grabbing my phone and taking a photo of his face, also his car, blatantly .

So, the guys story was vague, to say the least, but what was his angle ?

Casing the joint ?

Undercover Immigration officer ( )

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

odd situation. Can't make much of it. How someone will get the GPS coordinates of the originator phone, I'm not too sure.

If you have their google play account name and password you can view the phone owners movements in google.

https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone?pli=1

(Google locate, then maps timeline)

It's quite detailed, lists all the shops and address you stopped at.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you have their google play account name and password you can view the phone owners movements in google.

https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone?pli=1

(Google locate, then maps timeline)

It's quite detailed, lists all the shops and address you stopped at.

yes ….  but you would need to know the google name & password or the sender … correct  ??

not very easy to get.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ….  but you would need to know the google name & password or the sender … correct  ??

not very easy to get.

My gf can never remember hers, I always have to set it up for her.

Not that I care where she goes in the day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This is extremely suspicious, I would get your wife to mention it to her brother if I were you, unless of course you told her to fib and her brother isn't really a policeman, in which case I would still ask your wife to mention it a local policeman. Sounds like he was fishing for your personal details.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My gf can never remember hers, I always have to set it up for her.

Not that I care where she goes in the day.

Phew!... thank God for that. I'll tell her to turn it off next time, just in case.

• Like 1

This is extremely suspicious, I would get your wife to mention it to her brother if I were you, unless of course you told her to fib and her brother isn't really a policeman, in which case I would still ask your wife to mention it a local policeman. Sounds like he was fishing for your personal details.

Was a lie , gf has already mentioned it to the headman of the moobahn.
There is cctv but nobody man’s the barrier, I believe the cctv is monitored by another moobahn gatehouse next door.

Spotting before burglary.

In your place, I would install without waiting a monitoring device. Then I will declare this visit to the nearest police station with a faithful description of the person and the details of the discussion.

With a little luck, this individual is already known.

• Like 2