So called electricity saving device

atyclb

35 minutes ago, atyclb said:

check this out. they are sold at klong tom market near bkk yaowarat.

research suggests they dont do anything.  look how they coat electronics with apparent glue

Potting electronics is standard practice, it's not glue but usually a resin. Just open your Mitsubishi  water pump and the flow control switch and its associated electronics, they are potted.

However the home power conditioning/power saving boxes do nothing effective and have been sold to gullible people for decades. The saying that there's one born every minute is how these continue to be sold.

Power conditioning does work and big factories use it though the equipment needed is not small or cheap.

Here is a tear down of one that looks the same

And here is another device that is equally useful but with more details and theory.

46 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

Yep, scam central 1-0-1....!
Really the only equipment that can benefit from 'smoothing out' spikes and ripples in the electricity supply would be sensitive electronic devices like computers and a decent inline surge protector/filter would suffice.

In a domestic situation, completely correct, assuming you are not concerned with things like high end audio and synthesised sound.

To actually get a good result in a domestic situation you would need to spend tens or hundreds of thousands and you would never recover even a small percentage of that.

In industrial setting with proper equipment power conditioning is of  economic benefit here is further reading. Benefits of Industrial power conditioning

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This saves me electricity.

mounted panel.jpg

It doesn't save you electricity since it produce electricity. You still use the same amount of electricity at the end of the day. Maybe you mean the price you pay for electricity is less than you would pay from the grid. The device from the first post is supposed to reduce electricity usage from thin air which is not possible. I suspect looking at the components that they generate a little bit of heat; thus increasing electricity usage a little bit. 

More than 90% of what is offered today via the internet is scam!
I started buying what I need in the shops, it's safer!

It has nothing to do with being sold on the internet.

They were a scam 50 years ago when they were sold a county fairs.

That people are still buying them is hilarious.

Archived