Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Where do you pay the fine for overstaying at Bangkok airport? Is it easy to find?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You pay at immigration, just join the regular que. 

When the IO notice your overstay you get directed to where you pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When you hand your passport over to the nice officer at the Immigration booth the nice officer will kindly invite you to follow his friend who will lead you to a big desk where they wiil relieve you of your cash at the rate of 500 baht per day and will then award you the nice stamp in your passport.

Just don't get stopped and checked at any time prior to getting to the airport. That's a whole different ball game.

thailand-overstay.jpg

Edited by overherebc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no worries they will breast feed you all the way to the payment desk  (humour )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

no worries they will breast feed you all the way to the payment desk  (humour )

Yes, no avoiding it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your know BEFOREHAND that you will be overstaying your regular visa or visa-exemption time, you could consider going to a local Immigration Office and applying for an extension of stay (30 days).  That can be done on the spot, and you do not need to wait till last date of visa validity to go to the immigration office as the extension of stay starts from the end of validity date of your present visa or visa exemption.

The extension of stay (30 days) costs 1900 THB.

So if you foresee that you will overstay 4 days (= @ 500 THB per day), the cost will be approx the same.  But the advantage is of course that you do not get an overstay stamp in your passport, and you will not be in trouble when the police checks your passport and notices that your visa validity time has expired.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

If your know BEFOREHAND that you will be overstaying your regular visa or visa-exemption time, you could consider going to a local Immigration Office and applying for an extension of stay (30 days).  That can be done on the spot, and you do not need to wait till last date of visa validity to go to the immigration office as the extension of stay starts from the end of validity date of your present visa or visa exemption.

The extension of stay (30 days) costs 1900 THB.

So if you foresee that you will overstay 4 days (= @ 500 THB per day), the cost will be approx the same.  But the advantage is of course that you do not get an overstay stamp in your passport, and you will not be in trouble when the police checks your passport and notices that your visa validity time has expired.  

The overstay stamp in your passport means nothing if we're talking a few days. It's more of a receipt that you paid the overstay,nothing more. But,if you for any reason miscalculated your stay and suddenly noticed (before the overstay started) that you will have 10 days overstay, and you have already done 1 extension, you can actually get a 7 days extension. Sometimes they call it an "emergency extension". It still cost 1900 baht and you pay the rest at the airport. It's cheaper than 5000 baht,though. I did it myself once years ago in Jomtien Immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

The overstay stamp in your passport means nothing if we're talking a few days. It's more of a receipt that you paid the overstay,nothing more. 

Royal consulate in Penang will not issue a visa if you have an overstay stamp in your passport. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Royal consulate in Penang will not issue a visa if you have an overstay stamp in your passport. 

Royal Thai Consulate in Penang refuses entry for any reason. 4 days or so overstay means nothing for a proper embassy or consulate. We're not talking 40-89 days. It's not a crime having a few days overstay. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

 It's not a crime having a few days overstay. 

Yes it is, you get fined for it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And you may be unable to board a flight to Laos with an overstay stamp in your passport.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

And if you decide to pay for the Elite Visa your application may be denied.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, overherebc said:

And if you decide to pay for the Elite Visa your application may be denied.

Show me any proof of someone having problems with a few days overstay when having an otherwise normal passport without a huge amount of Visa exempts. Don't mention The Royal Consulate in Penang. They can give you a hard time for any silly reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Show me any proof of someone having problems with a few days overstay when having an otherwise normal passport without a huge amount of Visa exempts. Don't mention The Royal Consulate in Penang. They can give you a hard time for any silly reason.

Any consulate can change rules and attitudes as they are entitled to do. ( That's one of the reasons I carry my updated bankbook and copies when applying for a visa outside Thailand ).

A new 'boss' in the consulate has the power to change application conditions and neither you nor me can do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 4:57 PM, Max69xl said:

It's not a crime having a few days overstay.

Actually it is since it indicates you have no legal permission to be in the country. Although it's unlikely you would be stopped and checked before reaching the airport, if you were you could be detained, fined and held until you were to board your flight out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...