4th month as a tourist - Quite urgent please

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Which EU state is not VOA?

VOA is not same as a Visa Exempt.

There are about 20 countries on the VOA list. They get only 15 days visa on arrival at the airports. I think Romania and Bulgaria are on the list,and those are EU countries. A Visa exempt is 30 days and is extendable another 30 days. Don't you know how to use Google? 

Edited by Max69xl
More info

On 8/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, Letseng said:

EU p.port means nothing. Some EU citizens do not get 30 visa waiver.

Go and check online if he is entitled to one.

I don't think his friend comes from Romania or Bulgaria. Or he would have said so. The problem is that he doesn't know the difference between VOA and Visa exempt. You can Google the VOA list in 30 sec. 

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think his friend comes from Romania or Bulgaria. Or he would have said so. The problem is that he doesn't know the difference between VOA and Visa exempt. You can Google the VOA list in 30 sec. 

I think he mentioned British somewhere but cant find the post anymore. 

Edited by Tayaout

On 8/28/2019 at 5:00 AM, Max69xl said:

So why doesn't he know that a Brit always gets 30 days visa exempt? Just Google "VOA countries Thailand".

I can't see where he says his friend is British but he does seem to understand what visa exempt means and that his friend is eligible. He stated it quite clearly:

Thanks to all answers. As from my earlier posts (1) He does qualify for visa exemption.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I can't see where he says his friend is British but he does seem to understand what visa exempt means and that his friend is eligible. He stated it quite clearly:

There's only about 20 countries entering on VOA, and all those countries are c**p. They only get 15 days. 

On 8/28/2019 at 3:49 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Which EU state is not VOA?

Just to be precise, VOA is Visa on Arrival and that is not what we are discussing here... VOA is for other nationalities. The 30 days visa free entry is usually called Visa Exemption, you don't get a visa at all (you just get the entry stamp), whereas with visa on arrival you can apply for a visa 'on arrival' and then get your entry stamp at immigration.

To answer your question, EU countries where visa exemption doesn't apply: Romania, Malta and possibly other eastern countries.

Edited by canerandagio

2 hours ago, canerandagio said:

Just to be precise, VOA is Visa on Arrival and that is not what we are discussing here... VOA is for other nationalities. The 30 days visa free entry is usually called Visa Exemption, you don't get a visa at all (you just get the entry stamp), whereas with visa on arrival you can apply for a visa 'on arrival' and then get your entry stamp at immigration.

To answer your question, EU countries where visa exemption doesn't apply: Romania, Malta and possibly other eastern countries.

Bulgaria,too.