What is your biggest bar tab?

Viggo McQuaid

Pattaya looks to be doing very well. Demographic is changing and the new travelers have disposable income to burn. I see bar tabs from 25K to a whopping 500K on Facebook. Nightwish Groups in particular is very successful.

How big are your tabs and how often do you spend big? 

My biggest are usually between 12K-18K about twice per week.

Good to see Nightwish doing so well, Viggo. I think you may have mentioned that somewhere before, when trying to sell shares in them. Be a sport and give us some photographic evidence of some of these super dooper bar tabs. Seeing is believing.

12-18k twice a week blows me away. The best I've done is 11k (once) at a sports bar on Sukhumvit, but I was there from the afternoon until they closed and was very generous towards some of the girls there. Also I had a superhuman alcohol tolerance at the time which explains why I didn't go home until the place closed. 500k is US$16.5k, I can't believe that's from one night. As champers says, without evidence this smells very strongly of kii kwai.

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Good to see Nightwish doing so well, Viggo. I think you may have mentioned that somewhere before, when trying to sell shares in them. Be a sport and give us some photographic evidence of some of these super dooper bar tabs. Seeing is believing.

exactly what I was thinking. is this going to go down the "is 15M baht enough to invest in NW?"

let's see how his posts go........

Big bar bills equate to trying to hard to be a Player and buying people to like you.

It's easy to spend 2,000 - 3,000 on any given night, but 12k - 18k twice per week reeks of massive insecurity and no friends.

1 hour ago, champers said:

I walked down soi 6 a (at 7pm) few days ago... plenty of girls but zero punters.

Doubt nightwish are doing well atall.

To answer Bryans question, my biggest was about Bt.3000.00

I have a mate who turns up a couple of times a year and its huge nights out for a week or so. Thing is, we both have the same night out, beers and spirits, buy LDs, end up drunk and take some company home etc etc. While I might spend 5,000, my mate will blow 20,000, on the same night out, 

Never been able to work it out

39 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Or someone that doesn't need to worry about money.

Personally I don't get why all the "hate" on this topic, I wish I was in a similar position :coffee1:

It is promoting(advertising) in disguise.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its separate bills the whole night, learnt my lesson years ago.

He's probably drinking the good Scotch and making use of the short time room whilst you sip your nam soda gap manao. I'm only joking of course, but sometimes people with an alcohol tolerance can put it away all night long.

i had to make it a habit of only bringing 2k,

meaning i would go home when money done.

but since i went out nearly every day it still ended

up around 50k a month.

i quit drinking now tho, but somehow i found other ways to ruin my economy.

tho exchange also plays a part now,

gawddammit

36 minutes ago, SteveK said:

But I bet they got more than a few tiny bottles of lukewarm Thai beer....

So, why do you drink it if you don´t like it?

To answer the thread. About 38 000 baht, and over 25 000 on many occasions.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't drink and my biggest bar tab was 10,000 baht at Oskar's in Bangkok.

I think I was there that night, sitting outside. I knew something was going on inside around 8 PM when there were more girls going in than coming out.

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

It is promoting(advertising) in disguise.

Ah, I guess there's some sort of history with the OP? 

I was talking in general though, if somebody has money to burn and they boast write about a night out it's not my business so I don't get the animosity it seems to create.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I think I was there that night, sitting outside. I knew something was going on inside around 8 PM when there were more girls going in than coming out.

its true. there were girls calling girls. get over here quick. :clap2:

and I had the best romance for about three weeks start that that night. amazing what throwing some cash around will do.    

2 hours ago, champers said:

Seems like I missed the boat getting in on the night wish windfall. 

Put my money to better use buying a condo in the now defunct condo debacle on the hill at the pier. Still can't decide which would be a better investment.

12 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Seems like I missed the boat getting in on the night wish windfall. 

Put my money to better use buying a condo in the now defunct condo debacle on the hill at the pier. Still can't decide which would be a better investment.

pattaya bars, definitely pattaya bars. I invest around 3-4000 baht in them a few nights every week. ROI is nil, but many a good time had. hope this helps. best rgds pattayabarinvestor

I earn respectable amount but don't waste it.

Once I paid about 9000 THB in Kudeta Bangkok.

I had a 'friend' in Bangkok for few weeks who would spend 40,000+ every night we would go out. Often way more than that and once I saw his bill over 300,000 THB.

I stop hang out with him, because I was worried it's dirty money and I could be associated with it. He was not smart enough to make it in business. Could be just lucky investment tho.

Archived