Non-O M - Multiple - 90 report at Immigration or Border run?

Everybody keeps telling me that the 90 day report in Chiang Mai would be so easy and a better alternative to the border run which takes all day. 

I am used to doing the border run.

If I do the 90 days report at the immigration, what would I need to show?

Thanks

Non o multi entry visa usually based on marriage but not always you have to leave the country every 90 days (if married you can get a 60 day extension at local immigration based on visiting wife) then you leave the country.

I expect your Friend is mixing up a 1 year extension based on retirement or marriage not unusual seems far to many people do mix them up

• Like 1

You seem to have a Non-O Multiple Entries from a Thai consulate or embassy, right?

You must leave the country every 90 days, but you can leave on the last day before the due date and you'll get another three months when you come back.

Besides, you can go to the local Immigration and apply for a 60-day Non-O visiting your wife for 1,900 baht. 

Regarding the additional 90 days right before expire date, I've only read about it and hope that somebody could write a few words who's done that in person.

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

Regarding the additional 90 days right before expire date, I've only read about it and hope that somebody could write a few words who's done that in person.

All entries during life of visa are for 90 days so arriving on last day of visa validity would get a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.  Visa does not have to be valid to remain in Thailand - only the permitted to stay stamp.  

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

All entries during life of visa are for 90 days so arriving on last day of visa validity would get a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.  Visa does not have to be valid to remain in Thailand - only the permitted to stay stamp.  

Correct, that is what I will be doing at the end of January, 6 days back in the UK for the daughter's birthday and back to Thailand for the start of Feb, before the ME visa expires..