TVF "reactions" at the bottom of a post

sirineou

1 minute ago, St George said:

I imagine any reaction will only serve to add to the posters 'reputation score" ?

I like the idea of a "<deleted>" button.

With all the emotion being displayed about tthe sad or confused buttons, a dislike button would really get the nighties shredded, people throwing themselves of condos etc.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, emptypockets said:

Honestly wouldn't bother me if you were!

I'm struggling to understand how a simple emoticon can cause such angst amongst a group of, I assume, adult people.

Do people really get that emotional about it?

Not emotional, but a small minority use emoticons as a form of snide trolling. Nobody likes a troll.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not the main offender (I think he's getting the message) but one of his acolytes has.

Personally I think that it creates unnessecary animosity towards fellow posters. Nothing wrong with a heated debate on a subject that you are passionate about but snide trolling creates long term resentment. Not good for the Forum.

You and I disagree strongly on one subject but probably agree on others. Just because our views are diametrically opposed on that topic, doesn't make us enemies.

Let's hope that the Brexit debacle is soon resolved, one way or the other, and we can all remain friends.

I'm looking forward to keeping my head down (as I had for well over a decade on this website) once that bloody nonsense is over.

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm looking forward to keeping my head down (as I had for well over a decade on this website) once that bloody nonsense is over.

Me too. I had lurked on this forum for years without feeling the need to create an account. Finally felt compulsed to sign up and comment on the topic that shall not be named. Sometimes I I honestly wonder why I bothered.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not emotional, but a small minority use emoticons as a form of snide trolling. Nobody likes a troll.

Maybe remove the reaction buttons all together? Or replace them with like, like a lot, love you so much and marry me buttons only!!

Only kidding but I am surprised a simple reaction to a post can cause this much apparent anguish to some members. I wonder how they handled real life, say at a performance review when the boss had a full and frank discussion with them and pointed out their shortcomings.

25 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Offenders? What offenders? What on earth do you mean?

Seems quite a few posters have the emotional maturity of a 6 year old and can't handle criticism.  Mod MOD!!!...that boy doesn't like me bwah howl sniffle, can you ban him please huh huh? I truly wonder sometimes how they get on in the real world.

Who cares what reactions people give to a post? I certainly don't. Or does this mean no-one is allowed to disagree with what the other person is saying?

I use all four emoticons as I see fit. If I think the post is sad it gets a sad. If the post makes no sense it gets a confused. Isn't that what the emoticon are for?

Do you not see the irony between this ridiculous overreaction (to a perfectly acceptable everyday phrase) & the behaviour highlighted in the OP?

Suppose you posted an opinion that really got under someone's skin, and that someone let you know this via private message (which I think is a civil way to handle it, as opposed to making a public spectacle).  Would you call in the mods because someone dared to disagree with you?

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

A much better method is to reply to that post explaining why you dislike it.

Wish i had the time and the inclination plus it shouldn't be necessary to have to respond that you dislike/disagree if there was an emiticon for dislike/disagree - half the petty squabbles on here would disappear with a simple emiticon being available.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wish i had the time and the inclination plus it shouldn't be necessary to have to respond that you dislike/disagree if there was an emoticon for dislike/disagree - half the petty squabbles on here would disappear with a simple emiticon being available.

Hey why even  type anything at all? TVF should post current issue articles and we all should react with the appropriate  emoticons , in fact please disregard this wordy reply and respond to the following simplified reply.

???? simply ???? or ????

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Hey why even  type anything at all? TVF should post current issue articles and we all should react with the appropriate  emoticons , in fact please disregard this wordy reply and respond to the following simplified reply.

???? simply ???? or ????

????

Archived