Advice please from anyone who can read Thai?

zxzoomy

69538109_350172292596654_4103626996884439040_naaaa.jpg.c4b362327401a8b4d7396073d256a779.jpg

This is a receipt a friend sent me.  It appears to be for 50,000 baht. But when I try to translate that in google translate the result looks nothing like the written version on the right. Please can anyone who can read Thai advise whether the sums match?

19 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm very confused. Google translate says five hundred is ห้าร้อย, which looks nothing like the text in the image. 

Because it states "500 baht even" or " 500 baht exactly"  Ha Roi Baht Tuan or ห้าร้อยบาทถ้วน

The written in numbers just forgot the decimal in 50000 should be 500.00

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It says 50,000 baht in Thai.

You clearly can´t read Thai.

It stands like mania explains 500 baht even, and it should have been standing 500.00 instead of 50000. If you look closely, you might see an almost invisible dot. ???? 

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You clearly can´t read Thai.

It stands like mania explains 500 baht even, and it should have been standing 500.00 instead of 50000. If you look closely, you might see an almost invisible dot. ???? 

You are correct I can't read Thai, but my wife can. She's adamant that it says 50.000 baht. She probably reads Thai better than you.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You are correct I can't read Thai, but my wife can. She's adamant that it says 50.000 baht. She probably reads Thai better than you.

Your wife can be forgiven as the writing is quite tiny but....I think if you mention to her what I said or show her what I wrote in Thai she will agree

after looking again closely at that posted pic...That what I wrote in Thai is the same as what is written on receipt ห้าร้อยบาทถ้วน

1 minute ago, mania said:

Your wife can be forgiven as the writing is quite tiny but....I think if you mention to her what I said or show her what I wrote in Thai she will agree

after looking closely at that posted pic

you are correct...... and are much more diplomatic than some other posters.   commendable.  

BTW:  didn't you recently move out of Thailand?   I forget where to

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

you are correct...... and are much more diplomatic than some other posters.   commendable.  

BTW:  didn't you recently move out of Thailand?   I forget where to

Thanks ????

Yes my wife & I moved back to our US home in 2016

We do still have a home in the country in Thailand & spend 2-3 months a year there

Will be back in Oct in fact ????  Looking forward to it as I cycle many great rides there!

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Just sorry to say that she is wrong. Never mind, you continue believe her. Just hope she do not take care of your economy. ????

Naturally, she would read better than me, and that´s what worries me. 

Thanks ????

Yes my wife & I moved back to our US home in 2016

We do still have a home in the country in Thailand & spend 2-3 months a year there

Will be back in Oct in fact ????  Looking forward to it as I cycle many great rides there!

Home is in N Thailand ?

53 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm very confused. Google translate says five hundred is ห้าร้อย, which looks nothing like the text in the image. 

It says ha roy baht toowan = 500 bht  = ห้าร้อยบาทถ้วน

2 minutes ago, mania said:

Yes above Nan

Oct should be a good time !  I just noticed this morning that the weather had a bit of a change .  Felt fresh and cool .   We've had quite a bit of rain lately ( in CM area and Lamphun where I am)    

October bike rides will be nice.  Enjoy

1 hour ago, zxzoomy said:

Thank you. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. 

so zxzoomy............ has your confusion eased?    What was the receipt for ?   if i may ask

BTW:  it does say  500 baht tuan as others have said     ( 500 baht only, or exactly)

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

Oct should be a good time !  I just noticed this morning that the weather had a bit of a change .  Felt fresh and cool .   We've had quite a bit of rain lately ( in CM area and Lamphun where I am)    

October bike rides will be nice.  Enjoy

I like Lamphun too! We also had a condo (we sold) in CM & use to drive to Nan often

But we always stopped in Lamphun to eat especially one place on highway near big gold statue of that famous monk,

Restaurant had Great Sai Ua ???? Think the name was Dao Kanong?

I like Lamphun too! We also had a condo (we sold) in CM & use to drive to Nan often

But we always stopped in Lamphun to eat especially one place on highway near big gold statue of that famous monk

Great Sai Ua ????

That is where the immigration office is located  LOL     I live quite a distance from there .  Closer to the HWY that goes from CM to Chomtong.   Beautiful area ,  lomyai and mango orchards.

Anything right of the decimal point would be in satang.    Does Thailand still mint those coins?   The cost of producing a 25 satang coin is probably more than its face value in 2019.   Dunno how that works in the world of macro economics.

Australia ditched its one and two cent coins decades ago, and all cash transactions are rounded up or down to the closest five cent margin.   I understand they are still legal tender, so I guess if some bright entrepeneur collected all those useless bronze coins lost under grandma's couches around the nation, he would be a billionaire.

3 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Please continue your discussions about where you moved to or where you lived in Thailand in a private conversation rather than discuss in this topic.  Thanks. 

Sorry.... I thought we might get called out for that..... and I was just about to post photos   LOL

55 minutes ago, rumak said:

so zxzoomy............ has your confusion eased?    What was the receipt for ?   if i may ask

BTW:  it does say  500 baht tuan as others have said     ( 500 baht only, or exactly)

Thank you for the confirmation. I'd rather not say too much at this point. Either my friend is trying to con me, in asking for help to pay it, or those who issued it have conned him. I have advised him to ask Thai people to read the paper. Thank you all for your rapid help. Much appreciated. 

Toowan - exactly  http://www.thai-language.com/id/142300

As in:

หนึ่งร้อยบาทถ้วนphr_link.gif neungL raawyH baatL thuaanF exactly one-hundred baht

Hah Roy is 500. Hah Pan is 5,000.  Hah Meun is 50,000.  Etc.

So it's 500 baht!

Nèung-Rói หนึ่งร้อย

Nèung-Pun หนึ่งพัน

Nèung-Mèuhn หนึ่งหมื่น

Nèung-Săen หนึ่งแสน

Nèung-Láan หนึ่งล้าน

49 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

Thank you for all the replies. My friend is asking for cash help to pay this sum. There is a big difference between 500 and 50,000. I take it the consensus is not to be too generous? 

If you pay 50,000  you can be sure that your friend and her friends will be sharing a lot of 5555555's

this evening

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

What's that expression, "I hah roy"? I don't recall the real meaning, but it may be appropriate in this case.

don't try that expression out when drinking with some thai "friends" .    you might find out whether appropriate or not  ????        Mai dtem roi ..... or mai dtem baht are similar    can be humorous but best not used unless sure the other will see the "humor"

Archived