True or false

johnmcc6

I have been following all the comments re yearly extensions in C Mai immigration. Re the combo method some say it no longer exists without embassy letter. Others say it is easy if you have bank statements showing  ftt funds into Thai account. So the question is , is it possible to use combo method without embassy letter if one has proper documentation or is it a firm rule it is not possible in any way to use combo method? 

Good question.  As I understand it, in order to use the combo method one has to document monthly deposits coming from abroad into one's bank account.  Then, those deposits plus other cash reserves in the bank here should equal 800,000 baht. 

If you've already gone a month or two or more without bringing in money on a monthly basis, you most likely cannot start now.  As is always the crux of the matter, different people, including--and most importantly--the immigration staff, have different takes on this.

1 hour ago, johnmcc6 said:

So the question is , is it possible to use combo method without embassy letter if one has proper documentation or is it a firm rule it is not possible in any way to use combo method? 

Those are not the only two choices.

Anyway here we are again looking for certainty in an uncertain world.

17 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I think I remember a current post that someone has stated CM will not allow the combo method anymore.

I have read that post too.

There are just too many combinations in a combo method that they are not really bothered nor have the time to figure out anymore .... ever since the new requirements of 400k minimum for certain number of months.

Whereas the 800k and 12 months 65k are quite straightforward to determine whether you have met the conditions or not.

I have got a 'requirement' paper from immigration CM recently that doesn't list the combo as another option , not like in past years..

49 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The best and most accurate way is to go to immigration and ask the officer yourself, isn't it?

Rather than listen to some misinformed answers from members here.

yes and get info from an uninformed IO"officer" with An I.Q. of 85...   ... yea sorry.

53 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The best and most accurate way is to go to immigration and ask the officer yourself, isn't it?

How can the best and most accurate way be to ask an io?

Different days different officers, different answers, different days same officer different answers.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

How can the best and most accurate way be to ask an io?

Different days different officers, different answers, different days same officer different answers.

If there is any dispute from the immigration officer, just show them the official printout of the rules and conditions both in English and Thai.

I got one free copy from them. It states clearly what are the options and the requirements.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I will be doing just that. One would think immigration could just simply say yes or no. I plan getting the name of who I chat with while recorder quietly hums in the background. I know it is asking a lot to hope sanity prevails. Yesterday I met another acquaintance that is going to Philippines due to immigration hassles. Two of the 5 I know of are millionaires but refuse to play silly buggers by depositing 800 k in the bank getting maybe 1.2% interest while the bank loans it out at around 7% and then has the audacity to charge tax on the crappy interest. This is probably why they are rich.

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

yes and get info from an uninformed IO"officer" with An I.Q. of 85...   ... yea sorry.

Most of the people at the info front desk are students I believe. 

You should look for a more senior officer. There used to be one very senior officer who can speak good English last year. Don't know where he went....

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If there is any dispute from the immigration officer, just show them the official printout of the rules and conditions both in English and Thai.

I got one free copy from them. It states clearly what are the options and the requirements.

So did it say one could do  it or not use combination method.?

6 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

So did it say one could do  it or not use combination method.?

It's better that you get a copy from immigration and read for yourself.

Look at point 7, there seems to be 3 parts i.e. 7.1, 7.2, 7.3.

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's better that you get a copy from immigration and read for yourself.

Look at point 7, there seems to be 3 parts i.e. 7.1, 7.2, 7.3.

If anyone who has a copy of these regulations would be willing to post them here, I think many of us would be grateful.

In which case you have really them off or they may just show you the regulations that say they have discretion to decide requirements on a case by case basis. However it turns out the chances of you loosing are much greater than winning.

I am the one who was flatly refused the combination at CM earlier this month. My bank book and letter clearly showed 28,000 monthly income from UK, correctly coded by Bangkok bank. I had Government Bank letter with423000 baht for the year. Mai die, they said..

Had to use the bank letter for married to  Thai, complete next week.

Suggest that the OP consider finding and agent....not necessarily to have them process the extension.....but rather to ask them if CM IMM will accept combo method.  Better yet, ask two agencies and compare answers.  Just a thought!

39 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Suggest that the OP consider finding and agent....not necessarily to have them process the extension.....but rather to ask them if CM IMM will accept combo method.  Better yet, ask two agencies and compare answers.  Just a thought!

Agents are not in the business of giving out free information, If anything an agent will tell you absolute rubbish to get your business.

An agent may be able to get combo method put through and approved when the general public maybe cannot.

Unlikely.

Last month, I presented a full year of FTT Bank Transfers at about 40K/mo, each certified by Bangkok Bank to have come from the US SSA along with another bank book and letter certifying 400K+ on deposit for at least a year. (Bank letters for both as well.)

Was refused and pointed to #7.3 of the attached document provided by the IO.  He acknowledged that as an embassy letter is no longer available, CM Imm does not accept this option as evidence of a pension, despite the obvious source. 

CM Rules 2019.pdf

1 minute ago, MamaSan said:

Unlikely.

Last month, I presented a full year of FTT Bank Transfers at about 40K/mo, each certified by Bangkok Bank to have come from the US SSA along with another bank book and letter certifying 400K+ on deposit for at least a year.

Was refused and pointed to #7 of the attached document produced by the IO.  He acknowledged that as an embassy letter is no longer available, CM Imm can not accept this option.

CM Rules 2019.pdf 1.13 MB · 0 downloads

Cm Imm can not accept this option from US pp holders or from everybody?

Some comments on other threads indicate if you can get an Embassy/Consulate letter, the combo method is possible, so it is available to all the people of countries where letters are still available which is most.

Tried to open CM Rules pdf and only go the first page.

think its case by case /i changed from retirement to married visa

as couldn't get oz embassy letter anymore

/had required monthly income to bank and 400000b in bank

because the 400000b was in the bank for past 8yrs/ that was all required/ cheers

2 hours ago, maybefitz said:

I am the one who was flatly refused the combination at CM earlier this month. My bank book and letter clearly showed 28,000 monthly income from UK, correctly coded by Bangkok bank. I had Government Bank letter with423000 baht for the year. Mai die, they said..

So you are the actual victim.

Did you get an embassy letter confirming the pension as well?

If I read your sentence correctly, you are changing from a retirement to a marriage visa instead? Is that right?

2 hours ago, stephehr said:

Call them and find out

As someone has said and from my own experience, different officers/trainees will tell you different things if you call them by phone. Anyway, there is a language barrier as I also found out.

So it's better to get the official version in black and white.

1 hour ago, MamaSan said:

Unlikely.

Last month, I presented a full year of FTT Bank Transfers at about 40K/mo, each certified by Bangkok Bank to have come from the US SSA along with another bank book and letter certifying 400K+ on deposit for at least a year. (Bank letters for both as well.)

Was refused and pointed to #7.3 of the attached document provided by the IO.  He acknowledged that as an embassy letter is no longer available, CM Imm does not accept this option as evidence of a pension, despite the obvious source. 

CM Rules 2019.pdf 1.13 MB · 11 downloads

I think the rules said, you need an additional embassy letter to confirm that the money did come from pension and not from your friends/relatives. 

Did you present an embassy letter together with it?

2 hours ago, maybefitz said:

Not sure I follow you. If I read your post correctly you had proof of 28k monthly income and 423k in bank deposit. That only totals 759k, which is not enough to qualify for a retirement extension.

Sophon

23 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So you are the actual victim.

Did you get an embassy letter confirming the pension as well?

If I read your sentence correctly, you are changing from a retirement to a marriage visa instead? Is that right?

UK, no Embassy letter, so yes, had to change to mariage visa extension. Visited by IO at home, certified everything OK. Interesting comment from him 'this will be the preffered method in the future'. More changes on the way?

13 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Not sure I follow you. If I read your post correctly you had proof of 28k monthly income and 423k in bank deposit. That only totals 759k, which is not enough to qualify for a retirement extension.

Sophon

What? This well over the 68,000 required, isn't it?

Archived