True or false

johnmcc6

Not sure I follow you. If I read your post correctly you had proof of 28k monthly income and 423k in bank deposit. That only totals 759k, which is not enough to qualify for a retirement extension.

Sophon

Good call. So another complainer who himself is factually incorrect but blaming others.

A lot of this going around on Cm Tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Cm Imm can not accept this option from US pp holders or from everybody?

Some comments on other threads indicate if you can get an Embassy/Consulate letter, the combo method is possible, so it is available to all the people of countries where letters are still available which is most.

Tried to open CM Rules pdf and only go the first page.

pdf was only 1 (albeit poorly cut and copied) page which the IO handed me to justify the rejection

See original post for explicit details

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1115012-no-combo-with-ssa/

4 hours ago, maybefitz said:

UK, no Embassy letter, so yes, had to change to mariage visa extension. Visited by IO at home, certified everything OK. Interesting comment from him 'this will be the preffered method in the future'. More changes on the way?

"this will be the preferred method in the future." LOL.

Anyway,  please join the discussion in another thread because this has affected quite a lot of people, it seems.

2 hours ago, MamaSan said:

pdf was only 1 (albeit poorly cut and copied) page which the IO handed me to justify the rejection

See original post for explicit details

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1115012-no-combo-with-ssa/

You refer to item 7.3 on that pdf which the IO pointed out to you but it is not on that one page.  And you complain about their poorly cut and copied!

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I think the rules said, you need an additional embassy letter to confirm that the money did come from pension and not from your friends/relatives. 

Did you present an embassy letter together with it?

Are you saying that embassies who do not issue income letters will issue pension letters?  I think not.  The embassy would have no easy way to prove that your pension was sent to a Thai bank.  They might be able to prove the amount of Social Security payments. It would be problematic to prove other types of pension.  I believe that the embassies have made it clear that they were not in the business of proving anything like that.

5 hours ago, maybefitz said:

What? This well over the 68,000 required, isn't it?

There is no requirement of 68k, I don't know where you got that figure from. The requirement for a retirement extension is either;

1. a minimum income of 65k per month, or
  2. a bank deposit of at least 800k, or
  3. a combination of annual income and bank deposit totaling at least 800k

You were using the combination method, but with an income of 28k per month it would require you to have at least 464k in the bank. Even if you converted your combination total of 759k to monthly "income" (which would not be correct), it only equals a bit over 63k so still less than the income requirement of 65k.

Sophon

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

You refer to item 7.3 on that pdf which the IO pointed out to you but it is not on that one page.  And you complain about their poorly cut and copied!

Kindly note that the items presented on their "official document" are numbered 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 2, 3.  My reference to 7.3 was somewhat tongue in cheek

25 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Kindly note that the items presented on their "official document" are numbered 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 2, 3.  My reference to 7.3 was somewhat tongue in cheek

Thank you for that.  My error in not reading the document more carefully.  Please accept my apologies.  

On 8/26/2019 at 1:49 PM, johnmcc6 said:

getting maybe 1.2% interest while the bank loans it out at around 7% and then has the audacity to charge tax on the crappy interest.

And UK or US banks?  And it is the Government who take the tax, not the bank.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, MrBrad said:

Good question.  As I understand it, in order to use the combo method one has to document monthly deposits coming from abroad into one's bank account.  Then, those deposits plus other cash reserves in the bank here should equal 800,000 baht. 

If you've already gone a month or two or more without bringing in money on a monthly basis, you most likely cannot start now.  As is always the crux of the matter, different people, including--and most importantly--the immigration staff, have different takes on this.

When I lived in CM I had no problem with combo.  I had benefits letter from SS and had the funds transferred to BKB in New York each month with overnight transfer to BKB in CM.  I was also told that they are more lenient if the shortfall is small, say less than TB10,000.

Archived