Trump dangles very big trade deal in front of Brexit Britain

webfact

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So where am I suggesting that we can't criticise our elected leaders. You are making it up.

Many posters on here have done nothing but criticise from the day Trump was elected. As I stated I don't get into the US and its politics.

The crying rooms still makes me howl with laughter though, that adults need rooms to cry in because they lost in an election.

I've only criticized Trump for what he's done and said, not for being elected.  You're the one making up nonsense. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

Trump has a lot of flaws but he's not stupid.

Its goal is for the UK to completely cut the bridges with the EU so that it is totally subject to US goodwill.

you must be speaking/referring to a different Trump than

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I've only criticized Trump for what he's done and said, not for being elected.  You're the one making up nonsense. 

I am not talking about you as a poster but collectively as adults in the US or Posters on here in the threads. No nonsense from me.

https://us.blastingnews.com/opinion/2016/11/trump-crying-rooms-nightmare-for-future-employers-of-this-tissue-generation-001262407.html

https://www.thecollegefix.com/cornell-students-hold-cry-trump-victory/

4 hours ago, webfact said:

"They want to do it within a year, I'd love to do it within a year, but that's a very fast timetable," he told Sky News.

there was a song '''' I believe ????? ...... """  BJ said USA has to make certain concessions for the trade deal, Trump said it's all or nothing (including the NHS, drugs, insurance, etc. ) who to believe

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

there was a song '''' I believe ????? ...... """  BJ said USA has to make certain concessions for the trade deal, Trump said it's all or nothing (including the NHS, drugs, insurance, etc. ) who to believe

Not you........????

So many things to talk about here.

Firstly, that is going to have to be one helluva trade deal if it's going to make up for the loss in trade with the EU. Currently the UK has over 4 times the amount of trade with the EU than it does with the US. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_United_Kingdom)

Secondly, lets look at the logistics. One of the trading partners is on the UK's doorstep, another is across the Atlantic ocean. Just the extra export/import costs through increased fuel costs will make products more expensive to the man on the street, if the US becomes the 'savior' trading partner.

Thirdly, since trade discussions haven't even started (they can't until the UK leaves the EU), a widely optimistic time of one year has been tabled, with even BJ admitting that 'would be tight' (https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49462613). Many are predicting it could take anything up to 5 years.

Fourth. As has been previously mentioned on this thread, if anything is done to curtail the Good Friday agreement, it's not getting past Congress (the real power behind the throne on trade).

Fifth. Do you really think Mr. Art of The Deal isn't going to take advantage of the UK's weakness at the negotiating table, knowing full well that BJ is desperate for a deal? I know I would.  

And last but not least, isn't any of you curious as to why Trump is so anxious for the UK to leave the EU and basically put a really large spanner in the EU works? You would have thought it would make life easier for the US if the UK remained so what is he getting out of it?

You know who else is REALLY keen on Brexit? I'll give you a clue. He's a short, balding guy, prone to the odd invasion and basically running a mafia government. Hobbies and interests are bear wrestling, shirtless horse-back riding and poisoning people that p*ss him off. Oh and he's hanging out in Moscow.  

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Seriously, there is nothing more spiteful than having to read how much the English are 'hated' by some eumainers, even though it was a UK referendum, do you ever read the posts of your fellow countrymen?

That's lamentably true! Wales voted to leave too. A considerable tranche of voters in Scotland and Northern Ireland also voted to leave.

But the Scottish Nationalists want to play up their racist anti English bigotry and pretend it's all the English dictating. Now the even dafter Welsh nationalists have done a u-turn and trying to jump on the same bandwagon. They're totally transparent.

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Easy to say. What is the actual basis of your comparison?

The fact that Theresa May achieved nothing, but insisted on clinging onto the reigns for as long as she could. Her term as PM was a complete debacle from start to finish, she wasn't respected by other MPs and disliked by the public.

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

The overpaid MEPs hate the UK for leaving because it brings potential instability to the eurozone, if UK leave and they prosper, other countries will almost certainly want to leave. And if the UK can get out without paying the 39 billion charge, that will no doubt spur Italy on to do the same, then maybe more will follow, then after that, the EU comes crashing down and they lose their cushy little jobs with expensive hotels, wine and meals all on expense accounts. They'd love to prevent the UK from leaving, but they now know that won't happen, so what's the next best thing? Try and screw the UK for as much money as possible as punishment. If Boris gets the UK out of the EU without paying that ludicrous sum, it will be two fingers up to the EU, they'll be furious. I hope he can do it.

Would you care to share your detailed knowledge of the exit costs agreed between the UK negotiators and the EU so we can all understand why the amount is "ludicrous", or would I be correct in assuming that you just made up that assertion.

Just now, Blue Muton said:

Would you care to share your detailed knowledge of the exit costs agreed between the UK negotiators and the EU so we can all understand why the amount is "ludicrous", or would I be correct in assuming that you just made up that assertion.

No, I've got a detailed spreadsheet on my computer listing everything and I have been on the phone all morning in a conference call with Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker going through every single figure with a fine toothed-comb.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I did not say you hated the English, what I said is that there are many on here that do hate us, and for what, it all boils down to having a different opinion to some eumainers.

Just because you choose to use the expression of "shooting yourself in the foot" it does not make it so. Basically you are saying that you know more than over half of the United Kingdom, that would be a tad arrogant in many eyes.

I could give you the names of the main Anglophobes on here, and trust me there are quite a few, but I think I might be breaking forum etiquette by doing so. It is not a nice feeling to be told you are hated by people that think differently to ourselves, especially when it all boils down to sour grapes.

Once again the lie that over half the UK voted for ฺBrexit. They didn't, only 37% did.

Trump gonna sweeten the deal by throwing in the Brooklyn Bridge. BJ will offer a knighthood.

Illegal under Constitution (article 1, section 9), but who has time to read? He's already taken enough emoluments to be thrown out, one more can't hurt

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 10,000 times... what, am I an idiot?"

8 minutes ago, SteveK said:

The fact that Theresa May achieved nothing, but insisted on clinging onto the reigns for as long as she could. Her term as PM was a complete debacle from start to finish, she wasn't respected by other MPs and disliked by the public.

12 minutes ago, SteveK said:

No, I've got a detailed spreadsheet on my computer listing everything and I have been on the phone all morning in a conference call with Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker going through every single figure with a fine toothed-comb.

A Sun reader eh...:stoner:

36 minutes ago, SteveK said:

And this compares negatively to 45 how?

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Call Trump whatever you want, but he's a hundred times better as a leader than the ghastly Theresa May, she was a complete and utter failure.

She was only a 'failure' because she couldn't get the impossible deal that all Brexiters were promised.

You were all promised 'all the best bits'  and when of course everyone started realising this was just wishful thinking, the deal she got (and she did get a deal remember) was always going to fall short of expectations and she was always going to be seen as a failure. 

And now of course BJ is hurtling towards the no-deal scenario, one that EVERYONE (including BJ and the other Leavers) promised would never happen.

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well we have to see wont we but I believe the UK and US have always had a good relationship, much better than we have ever had with the EU in my opinion.

I am not a fan of Trump as he certainly lacks class but trade deals with the UK benefit both countries.

I seem to recall that when we needed their help they sat on the wall until the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour and the Germans sank the Lusitania... 

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm so sorry for doubting you and I promise to never question anything you post again.

Archived