What is TM30?

26 minutes ago, arfandy said:

So i've just read bangkokpost about cumbersome TM30 where all landlords MUST report/queue on local immigration office whenever expat/tenant is leaving the rented place for over 24 hours. (This is just nuts!)

The TM30 is required when arriving, not leaving.

27 minutes ago, arfandy said:

So if i were to live at hospital' guesthouse due to family member is admitted for complicated disease, say 40-70 days i must accompany with this sick family member, am i required to have TM30 or ask hospital's director to queue in ChaengWattana on my behalf? What if i were to stay overnight at friend' house within 4km from the hospital's guesthouse? 

Is the hospital in another Province?

30 minutes ago, arfandy said:

And must i have TM30 when i am about to extend my non-imm O visa for another 30 days? At most the hospital will issue me the letter states where and how long i've been living at the guesthouse, purpose of staying, and rent fee. I am pessimistic if hospital will spare an employee to visit ChaengWattana on my behalf everytime i am leaving the premise.

You can't extend a Non O for 30 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could ask the hospital if, like hotels, they file a TM30 for their guesthouse guests. If they do file a TM30 then you should file a TM30 yourself when you return home. If the hospital does not file a TM30 then Immigration is not going to know you stayed there. Similarly if you stayed at a friend’s house. You are technically supposed to file a TM30 in these situations but unless you plan to have contact with Immigration or the police during your stay, you can probably get away without filing.

If you go to Immigration to extend your stay, such as a 1 year extension, then you will need to have a TM30 receipt. They won’t allow you to get a 1 year extension without it. So it is important. If you have never filed before then you need to contact your landlord about this. There will likely be a least an 800 baht fine because you will be filing late.

If you are trying to get an extension while you are in the hospital guesthouse then bring whatever documents you have allowing you to stay in the guesthouse. Ask the hospital to write a letter to that effect. Go to Immigration with your passport and a TM30 form (can be download from the internet). Tell them your situation. You will probably be able to self file. Bangkok CW allows people to self file. Get to CW early. Expect to be there a long time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arfandy said:

So if i were to live at hospital' guesthouse due to family member is admitted for complicated disease, say 40-70 days i must accompany with this sick family member, am i required to have TM30 or ask hospital's director to queue in ChaengWattana on my behalf?

Anyone can hand in the form on behalf of the person completing it — if it’s required by the local immigration office.

If you stay in a hotel/guesthouse or hospital accommodation it is up to them to submit a report. When you return ‘home’ it’s up to someone (maybe you) at your address to submit a new TM.30 — if it’s required by the local immigration office.

If you stay with a friend for a few days there is no need for anyone to complete a TM.30 unless they/you want to cause yourselves unnecessary paperwork.

• Like 1

Visited Chiangmai Immigration today to ask them to help get my Thai wife (& house owner) registered on the TM30 App/Website … (which is actually called the 'Section 38' App).

All done in 30 min .… one of the young immigration girls even did all the typing.

Docs needed … Wife ID Card, House Tambion Bond .… and surprisingly .… my own passport … wife also needs email address.

Form successfully submitted .… now just have to wait for approval from Thai Imm. in BKK .… who will send username/password to my wife’s email address.

A few screen shots below ....

https://www.immigration.go.th/

B0B496C0-0E80-4505-859C-F04C087FD0DD.jpeg

D379E136-7A61-4C1A-B906-B6A1BF97C688.jpeg

119DCC35-A039-4861-8B64-6B1AB85C66B2.jpeg

2BACEF3D-6A56-444D-9019-A656AE6B68C8.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Today at Chiangmai Immigration … on the 3rd Floor where TM30 are done … I saw the following notice … which seems to indicate you can get TM30 done at weekends and holidays … at least in CM

71D38469-52D6-474F-B47F-06C42CBC6BE9.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, csmith said:

now just have to wait for approval from Thai Imm. in BKK .… who will send username/password to my wife’s email address.

We did this at our immigration office last Monday, although my wife told then that she had already applied for the password, he said they do it in house, not Bangkok, as Bangkok forwards the details to them, only saying what he told us, wife opened her email today when I asked her, and there it was, we are in, so now it's TM30's online. 

fathersday GIF by IFC

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

We too have received an ID and password and have entered my details on the site but are unable to save. Can anyone help us save and receive an acknowledgment?

Top right hand corner, the pic of a floppy disk, says Save in Thai. log back in to check the report is there.

image.png.b468bc68861364f0c54b004577fbb215.png

What is the latest on 90 Day reporting and TM30 requirements? This is for Chaeng Wattana specifically.

Can you do the 90 day by post if you still haven't received a TM30 receipt? 

Can you do the 90 day report via an in-person representative without a TM30 receipt?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Thanks but tried that and the data had not saved. Tried again with data transferred to table below and it still didn't save? In both cases I logged back in?

5 minutes ago, sussex said:

What is the latest on 90 Day reporting and TM30 requirements? This is for Chaeng Wattana specifically.

Yes.

5 minutes ago, sussex said:

Can you do the 90 day report via an in-person representative without a TM30 receipt?

Thanks.

Yes.

90 day reporting has nothing to do with TM.30 reporting. Both reports can be made by post or handed in by anyone.

Just now, elviajero said:

Yes.

Yes.

90 day reporting has nothing to do with TM.30 reporting. Both reports can be made by post or handed in by anyone.

Thanks. So it's really only for the annual extension of stay that it's a necessity. Which gives me a few more months to get a password!

1 minute ago, sussex said:

Thanks. So it's really only for the annual extension of stay that it's a necessity. Which gives me a few more months to get a password!

Yes, as it stands, they are only checking a TM.30 is on file when applying for an extension.

Edited by elviajero

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Thanks.

I filed a 90 day report at CW a couple of days ago. You do not need a TM30 if you've filed a previous 90 day report and your remain at the same address. I had my TM30 with me. I didn't give it to them and they didn't ask.

5 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I filed a 90 day report at CW a couple of days ago. You do not need a TM30 if you've filed a previous 90 day report and your remain at the same address. I had my TM30 with me. I didn't give it to them and they didn't ask.

The time they're asking for TM30s for sure is when folks go to apply for annual extensions of stay...

I've been doing online 90-day reports for years to BKK CW, and never had filed a TM30 until earlier this year. That never stopped me from successfully doing my online 90 day reports...

But when I went for my extension in July, that was one of the very first things the extension officer asked for -- have you filed a TM30 and show me a copy of your TM30 receipt.

If not, it's off to the TM30 desk purgatory at BKK CW.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

Anyone can hand in the form on behalf of the person completing it — if it’s required by the local immigration office.

If you stay in a hotel/guesthouse or hospital accommodation it is up to them to submit a report. When you return ‘home’ it’s up to someone (maybe you) at your address to submit a new TM.30 — if it’s required by the local immigration office.

If you stay with a friend for a few days there is no need for anyone to complete a TM.30 unless they/you want to cause yourselves unnecessary paperwork.

So I will be staying in my friends place for a couple of weeks I am a tourist and i don't

live in Los anymore does he has to fill a TM30 for me I guess he would not know how

to do that if he has to do that where does he has to report me or just ignore it but

I need to fill in a TM6 form when I arrive will that get him in to trouble if he does not

report me?

On 8/26/2019 at 5:06 PM, sussex said:

Thanks.

I sent my 90 day report by post mid July to CW, and the receipt came in the post (EMS both ways) early August. No mention of TM30 - and since I haven't tackled the issue yet I doubt there's one on file. 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, White Christmas13 said:

I need to fill in a TM6 form when I arrive will that get him in to trouble if he does not

report me?

The TM6 only asks for a proposed address, and many tourists arrive in the country without pre-booked accommodation. You should be fine putting a hotel address on there as people have done for years. 

On 8/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, csmith said:

Today at Chiangmai Immigration … on the 3rd Floor where TM30 are done … I saw the following notice … which seems to indicate you can get TM30 done at weekends and holidays … at least in CM

71D38469-52D6-474F-B47F-06C42CBC6BE9.jpeg

The optics of this simple sign taped to a wall captures the essence, don't it.

On a positive note, at least they put up a sign.  With actual tape, not Nok's chewed bubblegum.  ????

On 8/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, chilly07 said:

Thanks but tried that and the data had not saved. Tried again with data transferred to table below and it still didn't save? In both cases I logged back in?

I did that also, then click on the bottom half of the page and was able to fill in my name and the rest. You then click the little button on the RHS and it all disappears again. Then go to the search TM30 list and there I was. Twice !!

Edited by berybert

On 8/26/2019 at 6:19 PM, ChipButty said:

This is getting beyond stupidity how many more TM 30 threads? 

If you see TM30 in a lead thread and you don't want to read it, don't.

If you don't want to read it then make a post about it, it's just you who looks a bit foolish.

• Haha 1