Retirement ext - 800k bank documents required since last yr changed?

Hi,

I'm going to renew my retirement using 800k method at CW. Last yr I needed to show IO a bank letter and a full itemised 3 month statement prior not dropping below 800k. Assuming I hadn't read this forum I would have gone along asking for same, but I understand now rules have changed so what exactly should the bank give me to show the IO please?

Bank letter, passbook/statement showing at least 2 months, and at least Bt800K over those 2 months.  Also, on the day of the application the passbook/statement needs to show a withdrawal or deposit like say a Bt100.   That was the requirement on 21 Aug 2019 when I did my retirement extension renewal at CW.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

Bank letter, passbook/statement showing at least 2 months, and at least Bt800K over those 2 months.

OK thanks. So one less month than I did before.

I suppose my extension next year will require a full year statement to show the new 800k and 400k balance compliance.

3 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

I suppose my extension next year will require a full year statement to show the new 800k and 400k balance compliance.

Yeap.  They will give you a copy of the published police order rule basically saying such.  That's the only document they wanted to ensure I got a copy of....one of the several docs they have you sign during the application....they keep the original and give you a copy.   The immigration officer did not "verbally" make a point of it; just gave me a copy of the police order.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

passbook/statement needs to show a withdrawal or deposit like say a Bt100

You just need to update the book. At some banks that may require a withdrawal or deposit, but I just shove my bank book in the update machine and it prints a new line with the current date and b/f (brought forward) balance ... Bangkok Bank. Actually as I recall the bank updates the book when they provide the required letter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

not sure about all the banks, but bangkok bank will update your passbook with a current balance without requiring a withdrawal or deposit.

i have a fixed account, get balance guarantee letter and book updated when bank at CW opens at 8:30.

Yes...Bangkok Bank can do Balance Forward transaction to update your book....does not require a withdrawal or deposit.  But for some other Thai banks they don't do Balance Forward transactions....like Krungsri Bank...therefore you need to do a deposit or withdrawal to generate a current day printout for your passbook.

At Jomtien Chonburi even though I had updated my account with a credit advice the day before with a bank letter they sent me to get a certified same day transaction with a certified copy of my bank book showing the 100 but deposit on the day of application from the bank next-door. Complete overkill! They must have received some very comprehensive forgeries to require this. Agents of course don't have this problem!

7 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

For the immigration officer to determine if you complied with the requirements they would have to see a year's worth.

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

At Jomtien Chonburi even though I had updated my account with a credit advice the day before with a bank letter they sent me to get a certified same day transaction with a certified copy of my bank book showing the 100 but deposit on the day of application from the bank next-door. Complete overkill! They must have received some very comprehensive forgeries to require this. Agents of course don't have this problem!

If you use an agent and IO to generate the 800 000k what happens regarding the seeding situation?

8 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

We had to go back 3 months later to show we still had money in bank 

8 hours ago, Pib said:

Yeap.  They will give you a copy of the published police order rule basically saying such.  That's the only document they wanted to ensure I got a copy of....one of the several docs they have you sign during the application....they keep the original and give you a copy.   The immigration officer did not "verbally" make a point of it; just gave me a copy of the police order.

We didn.t need to make  a deposit just statement then go back in 3 months to show u still have money

52 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If you use an agent and IO to generate the 800 000k what happens regarding the seeding situation?

Must admit i m curious about that as well .does visa shop keep 8oo.ooo bt in bank for you

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You just need to update the book. At some banks that may require a withdrawal or deposit, but I just shove my bank book in the update machine and it prints a new line with the current date and b/f (brought forward) balance ... Bangkok Bank. Actually as I recall the bank updates the book when they provide the required letter.

yes, its a bit simpeton having to do a withdrawal....

12 hours ago, acepredator said:

For the Bangkok Bank fixed account, the minimum deposit is 2,000 baht. So a 100 baht deposit is not possible.

But for a Bangkok Bank Fixed account, a book update results in a dated line of print including the current balance, which confirms compliance. So no deposit required, providing you still got the 800k.

• Like 1

I just did my bankbook update and "bankbook check" at Jomtien a few minutes ago.

I actually finished by 08:05 and was home by 08:20.

I have a Bangkok Bank Fixed Term account and used a Passbook Update machine at a branch near Jomtien soi 5 just before I went to Immigration. 

However - it did NOT print today's date. It DID print the date of the last transaction (an interest payment deposited just over 3 weeks ago) and it did print when the next "due date" was for the Fixed Term.

I decided to give it a go at Immigration anyways. I was hoping that when they saw that the money stays in the account year after year they'd be OK with the update.

I was standing in front of "Desk 8" when a woman that worked there walked by and saw I had my "appointment sheet" and bank book in hand. I explained to her about the machine not printing today's date and she pointed out that it did show the next "due date" for the Fixed Term and that was good enough.

She then checked that I had all the right photocopies (which I'd already signed) and then had me sign the "appointment" sheet and that was it ! I was heading out the door and it was barely 08:05 !

Note that the guy at the front desk who gives out the numbers said I needed to make a "100 baht" deposit. I don't think you can do that from an ATM though, as they don't give ATM cards for Fixed Term accounts. Might be able to do a transfer using iBanking though (if you have that). Might try that next time just to see if it works.

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

However - it did NOT print today's date.

Odd, I just checked my book and an update I made in a machine had the line containing:

The Date....B/F.....Balance.....Machine No. 

Anyhow, all's well that ends well.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Odd, I just checked my book and an update I made in a machine had the line containing:

The Date....B/F.....Balance.....Machine No. 

Anyhow, all's well that ends well.....

That's what I was expecting as well and was a little dismayed when it didn't show today's date. I thought I was going to be screwed and either have to go home and wait for the bank to op, get the update and go back to Jomtien, or sit around Jomtien for 2 hours until the local branch opened and get the update.

Looking at my book, I think I see why.

I updated it in July and there were no new transactions so it printed the date and B/F and the balance.

However this morning when I did the update, there was a transaction (from 3 weeks ago) so it printed that and the date the term is due.

I'm guessing if I went back tomorrow and updated the book again, it would show the current date and "B/F". Will have to remember that for next year.

Edit:
Lol - thinking about it, if I'd taken the book out of the machine, waited 5 seconds and put it back in, it probably would have printed today's date and the "B/F" as expected. 
At least I don't have to worry about that again - until next year.

Edited by Kerryd
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the best part of having 800k in the bank is that nothing changes for us. same same every year. extremely easy.

You do, however, appear to have overlooked the following recent rule changes:-

(1) 800,000 THB seasoning period requirement increased from 3 months pre-application to 2 months pre-application + 3 months post-application = 5 months in total (with a few offices also now unofficially requiring a further trip to be made after 3 months so as to check that the bank balance has not at any time fallen below the required 800,000 THB during the post-application period).

(2) Minimum balance requirement for the remaining 7 months increased from 0 THB to 400,000 THB.

Not necessarily "same same every year" or "extremely easy" is how I would personally describe things at the present time at any rate (at least for those who hadn't already been in the habit of stashing away minima of 800,000 THB for 5 months + 400,000 THB for the remaining 7 months in their bank accounts)!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1