BANGKOK
ThaivisaSales

Easily send USD or Euro to Thailand. Receive same day. No transfer fees.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, sanooki said:

Has DeeMoney reestablished it's service to the US and/or UK? I've used them, but the only Western country available to send to was Australia.

Yes it has I guess. I've sent money from LOS to the US 3 times now

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2019 at 1:03 PM, AAArdvark said:

Except it is too difficult to apply.  I am in Chiang Mai.  I did an online application and received an immediate email reply that someone would contact me within 24 hours to finalize the application.  72 hours later someone did but I was unable to answer the phone at that time.  I called back and was told they wanted me to go to Bangkok to complete the application!  I said no and was told someone would call me back within a week.  I am still waiting.

To bad...When I was checking into it before I applied I can't recall what the deal was But the girl I spke with had me send by Line a copy of my passport and something else and she set it all up for me gave me user/pass which I changed on my first log in and I've sent money from LOS to USAA twice now. You might call the Sukhumvit office and just ask them...They were really helpful to me....Good luck..

On 9/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, sanooki said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if this service works in the opposite direction, to get funds out from here? I am a customer of Transferwise, and they don't. I have recently tried DeeMoney with convoluted and mixed results. There doesn't seem to be a convenient, reliable, and quick service outside of bank wires to send to a western bank from here.

Deemoney were okay when they first started out but the remittances started getting more and more delayed . They returned the money I tried to send telling me that their system is down. I think they've gone out of business. I now find the cheapest way to send money from Thailand to another country is money gram. Other companies make their money on the exchange rate their fees are immaterial. The most expensive is PayPal

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, Swen said:

Just used Transferwise to transfer euro to baht. It took less than 10 seconds to get it into my Kasikorn bank. On top of that, a lot better rate than official bank rates.

Easy to use app.

Yes but you do pay a .08 transfer fee or almost 1 percent. So if you transfer 1000 USA dollars on transferwise then transferwise actually transfers 992 of your 1000 dollars into thai baht and keeps 8 USA dollars. For some transferwise makes sense. Much better than western union who is the worst option. 

For those of us that do it free with a Charles Schwab atm card and/or bring cash into Thailand and/or use a Capital One credit card that pays us 1.5 percent to make credit card charges ——transferwise is not cheap for us. 

For USA Americans Charles Schwab atm card and capital one credit cards are the best way to get baht for dollar. Or bring cash over in an airplane if you are visiting USA or Cambodia. 

Edited by Wake Up
  • Thanks 1

Hi. Interesting post. Do either of these work as well going the other way: money back to the US from Thailand?

13 minutes ago, sanooki said:

Hi. Interesting post. Do either of these work as well going the other way: money back to the US from Thailand?

Yes but I think they don't accept US customers. 

Edit: I'm talking about Everex. 

Edited by Tayaout

On 9/27/2019 at 11:23 AM, Sangsomm said:

Yes, works both ways.

I asked this many times and End Nov19 they said no,not yet!

This is good information. The nature of international banking could change radically over the next ten years. Thanks for posting this.

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Yes but I think they don't accept US customers. 

Edit: I'm talking about Everex. 

So Everex does NOT accept US customers???   What possible reason?  This is a real disappointment.

9 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

So Everex does NOT accept US customers???   What possible reason?  This is a real disappointment.

Fred, Have you visited the Everex site? ... or will you make decisions based on other's opinions?  By the way, if you were going to Exchange Fiat currencies from your bank account to their product "Stablecoins" ... why even bother?  Willing to be their spread, plus interest, plus hassles ... etc ... dwarf the ease of simply using PayPal, or a SWIFT direct transfer! They do have a customer chat section ... FYI

Edited by bangkokequity

On 9/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, mitos said:

That rate its a pretty much to loss. 

I been doing through transwerwise...where its higher rate than in Thai bank foreign exchange rate. 

Yeah I’ll always stick with TransferWise never found a better one