Traveling to Thailand with Crypto? Withdraw in cash at local ATM with no extra charge. No card required.

ASEAN NOW Sales

8 minutes ago, LillyBangkok said:

We will definitely need a Bitcoin ATM like this one in Florida to withdraw Bitcoin into fiat money. Any possibility in Thailand?

https://www.supercryptonews.com/bitcoin-atm-machine/

https://coinatmradar.com/country/211/bitcoin-atm-thailand/

Only this one seems to support selling in Bangkok: https://coinatmradar.com/bitcoin_atm/6967/bitcoin-atm-general-bytes-bangkok-hashbx-global/

Edited by Tayaout

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, Tayaout said:

I don't care about smokers but most of them throw their cigarettes butt everywhere. No, burying them under the sand doesn't make them disappear. 

Agreed. Nor does throwing them down a drain. Butts need to be disposed of properly.  Being a smoker myself, I carry a small tin with me to put them in to dispose of later. It ain't rocket science!

On 9/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, Sangsomm said:

If you hold crypto, you can exchange it for USDC/DAI/EVX and send to Everex Wallet; which you can either withdraw to your Thai/US/European bank account or via ATM in Thailand. ATM withdrawal in Thailand is cardless, meaning you will use reference codes provided by Everex to withdraw from ATM.

So how does that work at the ATM? Normally to "wake up" the ATM you have to put a card in and then it asks what you want to do. How do you get to the point of entering the code without a card? Is it only some banks that offer ATMs that give you this option? Which ones?

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

So how does that work at the ATM? Normally to "wake up" the ATM you have to put a card in and then it asks what you want to do. How do you get to the point of entering the code without a card? Is it only some banks that offer ATMs that give you this option? Which ones?

You don't need ATM card only the code. 

Edited by Tayaout

• 2 weeks later...

A scam like MtGox ... 

The guys are from clearjunction.com

Without finance/bank licence. 

From the disclaimer on their site everex.io (typo included ????) :

Note that funds can be lost due to instability of the Blockchain or a cyber attack, To the fullest extent 

Screenshot_20191128_225107_com.android.chrome.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 2:32 PM, Elizaa said:

You can convert crypto to EVX, DAI or USDC and then transfer to Everex Wallet first. When making payments, you can exchange your assets to THB in the wallet and withdraw via Cardless ATM or Bank Transfer.

somehow, it sounds like it is easier just to use actual money... a cardless ATM? Sounds like an imaginary friend... 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

ok.. thanks.. but what happens if you lose your phone... and is this really any easier than a simple card? 

You only need a code to withdraw a predetermined amount from the ATM. You don't even need a phone if someone else give you the code. The phone app in the video I posted is only necessary to create the code. The other day my wife left her ATM card in my bag and she was able to withdraw money this way. 

Edited by Tayaout

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

You only need a code to withdraw a predetermined amount from the ATM. You don't even need a phone if someone else give you the code. The phone app in the video I posted is only necessary to create the code. The other day my wife left her ATM card in my bag and she was able to withdraw money this way. 

I guess that is vaguely similar to me leaving my card in my wallet, never forgetting it and being able to withdraw funds at my pleasure... somehow, my way seems easier for me... but thanks for some education. 

Edited by kenk24

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kalasin Jo said:

This is the withdrawal process at ATMs of KrungThai Bank (KTB).

>Press “Without Card Press This Button”
>Press “English Language”
>Press “E-Cheque Withdrawal”
>Enter reference codes and ID sent to you

image.png

image(3).png

On 11/29/2019 at 1:21 PM, kenk24 said:

somehow, it sounds like it is easier just to use actual money... a cardless ATM? Sounds like an imaginary friend... 

Digital cash is more convenient as the whole world is adopting cashless payments and transfers at a rapid pace. Try buying stablecoins like USDC and DAI on Everex and you can earn interest by moving the coins to Decentralized Finance (DeFi) platforms like Compound and Celsius. These are assets pegged with actual cash. 1 USDC = 1 USD

Besides, Everex offers EUC and GBC coins as well for quick and cheap transfers to Europe and UK. Lastly, cardless ATM feature virtually provides instant cash for crypto holders. Should be a great friend...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sangsomm said:

Digital cash is more convenient as the whole world is adopting cashless payments and transfers at a rapid pace. Try buying stablecoins like USDC and DAI on Everex and you can earn interest by moving the coins to Decentralized Finance (DeFi) platforms like Compound and Celsius. These are assets pegged with actual cash. 1 USDC = 1 USD

Besides, Everex offers EUC and GBC coins as well for quick and cheap transfers to Europe and UK. Lastly, cardless ATM feature virtually provides instant cash for crypto holders. Should be a great friend...

ok. I just bought 2 kilos of coffee at a stand.. had noodle soup lunch and treated a friend to a massage... not one of those places takes anything but cash... I am getting some scratches taken out of my car and then going to motor vehicle..  again. cash works.. bit coinwould leave them breathless I expect. 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

ok. I just bought 2 kilos of coffee at a stand.. had noodle soup lunch and treated a friend to a massage... not one of those places takes anything but cash... I am getting some scratches taken out of my car and then going to motor vehicle..  again. cash works.. bit coinwould leave them breathless I expect. 

At the present time, Thailand doesn't have a high level of Bitcoin usage.  Places like Japan and S. Korea are using BTC more often. Cash is still king. Credit cards work well so there is no immediate advantage to using crypto,  unless privacy is very important to you. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, beammeup said:

Has anyone used this recently? Does it still work I was told by a friend that the functionality in Thailand is currently limited. What does that mean?

I switched to satang.pro because Everex fiat withrawal don't work anymore. 

4 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what is EVX DAI?

and are there cardless ATM in thailand?

I think EVX is a stable coin pegged to THB. DAI is a stable coin pegged to USD. I'm pretty sure all ATM in Thailand allow cardless ATM transaction. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...