DLT teaching students how to ride motorcycles as number without licences revealed

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well you must have seen him do it so why didn't you ask him?If you didn't see him do it how do you know he did it?

many bikes here d DO NOT have any mirrors and SHOULD NOT BE ON THE ROADS....as a friend of mine once said to a group of us "they are OPTIONAL EXTRAS" that is if the bloody driver can afford them.....!!!

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

Went to get my wifes license and when she was doing the test the male instructor was giving her a hard time for some reason.  Had her do parts of the test over.  Telling her if she can not do she not pass.  Even though she was not making any mistakes.  The next rider was a young Thai guy.  He did the whole test without a helmet.  And passed the test.  Well  almost passed, untill I asked the instructor why he passed without wearing a helmet.  555. 

this is THE THAI WAY........

2 hours ago, stereolab said:

Rides past instructor with chin strap undone.

And who is the instructor?

Is she an appropriate official and is she qualified specifically for this work?

And if she is the appropriate why is she not in uniform. As a general principle in Thailand all government officials must be in uniform when they are on the job, anytime / anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Go to ANY school in Thailand and watch the students leaving. 3-4 on a bike, no helmets, seriously underaged drivers, with a cop stopping traffic so they can get out. 

Perhaps all motorcycles should be sold here with a mandatory 4 helmets included lol

26 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Because they think, or at least used to, like you. No offence intended, been there and done it myself.

Huh?  What do you mean by "they think like you"?   Prefacing a comment with "no offence intended" generally means that offence was the only intention.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Cannot squeeze his black heads while taking test

Observation test:   

No helmet strap

No mirrors

No licence plates

Headlights blocked by shopping basket

Anything else?

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

All negative comments and not one positive thing to say with predictions of doom and gloom.Well I say from little things big things grow.It's a start and a step in the right direction even if it is only a baby step.

people are skeptical about the strategy because more could be done or there are better ways to go about it. for example, the police actually enforcing traffic laws would cover a much wider range of motorists not just underage/unlicensed motorcycle riders. what you refer to as a baby step is worth 26.5 million baht vs 0 baht if the police actually do their jobs (or even earn millions from up-front legitimate fines).

3 hours ago, stereolab said:

Rides past instructor with chin strap undone.

Rather an improvement - normally it's placed in the front basket … 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This means that 7.7 million people - many of them students - ride motorcycles without a licence

The raison d'etre for Thai cops; they are already planning to get a new BMW after reading these figures.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This means that 7.7 million people - many of them students - ride motorcycles without a licence

50% of them are underage,

This has been said many times before, What parents let their underage kids, No license, no helmet ,leave the house?

I would say its a lot more than that. I know families where Dad has a licence (or Not) and Mum and 4 kids all use the bike without a licence.

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Go to ANY school in Thailand and watch the students leaving. 3-4 on a bike, no helmets, seriously underaged drivers, with a cop stopping traffic so they can get out. 

This issue have to do with public transportation. Had there been proper on time public transport than them students wouldnt have to get to school by bikes even when clearly they are underage and no helmets n 3 or 4 to a bike.  I ask a traffic policeman why they allow it and the reply was " how else one expect them students to get to school?"

I am not saying its right but the policeman do have a point so fix the public transport system and maybe there will be less carnage. I might be wrong but surely it will help lower the nos who lose their lives on the road daily.

Archived