DLT teaching students how to ride motorcycles as number without licences revealed

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, stereolab said:

Rides past instructor with chin strap undone.

Yea prime candidate for a pass. It's just a lot of garbage. There is no way that thai people can afford the training needed for a license. Do they actually think that a couple of hours is good enough 

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Go to ANY school in Thailand and watch the students leaving. 3-4 on a bike, no helmets, seriously underaged drivers, with a cop stopping traffic so they can get out. 

It is a common occurrence for sure. But last year I saw something quite insane. There was a girl who must have been about 12 years old, wearing a school uniform riding a Yamaha R1 home lol.. 

1 hour ago, masuk said:

Observation test:   

No helmet strap

No mirrors

No licence plates

Headlights blocked by shopping basket

Anything else?

Licence plate clearly visible headlight clear of basket.2 out of 4 maybe you should get your eyes checked then try again.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

At the moment it seems you're on your own

sorry to write a platitude:
to grow a forest one has to plant the first tree.

Finally there is some initiative to tell kids that they should not cut off cars at the traffic light and what constructive comments do we get:
Tomorrow  will get the kids a helmet,
will make sure they wear jeans and shoes on the bike, (except when going in school uniform)
tell them not to cut off cars at the traffic light. 
and tell the missus not to put shopping in front of the headlight in the evening.

No, nothing like that. 

Only that TV readers are smart and other people are less smart, possibly because we wear a helmet. 
at least I do when going on a bender in the evening ????

rant over!

Is it only the journalist, ...or is it, worse, the DLP, turning a blind eye on the reality...?

21 million registered motorcycles, minus 13.3 million people with a bike license, equals 7.7 million people driving without a license... 

That when:

a) there is a large number of un-registered motorcycles being used, mostly locally (especially away from large(r) cities and on the countryside), how many? The odd million or so? Driven by people with a license, ...or rather not?

b) most of the motorcycles (registered and unregistered) are used by several drivers, making how many millionS(!), of unlicensed drivers on top of it ...?!

So, IMHO, that little 'statistic' is totally worthless, and insidiously (or stupidly?) minimises the real problem!

Hopefully this may help save a life or two, but I have seen on numerous occasions students seriously injured (or dead) with wailing parents at the scene...hmmm...they were the ones who gave the kids the bikes and allowed them to go out on the roads untrained.

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Licence plate clearly visible headlight clear of basket.2 out of 4 maybe you should get your eyes checked then try again.

Checking that Tail and Brake lights are working properly.

Remember the lottery seller that won many millions, then she and her husband were killed riding a motorcycle upcountry.  RIP  No mention (I think) was ever made of working or non working tail lights.

1 hour ago, masuk said:

Observation test:   

No helmet strap

No mirrors

No licence plates

Headlights blocked by shopping basket

Anything else?

How do you know it has no license plate? Bikes have license plates on the rear end. 

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Most of them have already been riding since the age of 12, and are convinced they already know everything. 

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

Riding alone in a controlled setting,and riding with 1 or 2 friends on a freeway, is a completely different animal....but good luck, they will need it

Many probably do have have adequate basic motorcycle handling skills by their early teens. I certainly did, having started riding on the farm at the age of 10 or 11, and learned plenty from the school of hard knocks, softened by the odd tumble into a briar bush, or on to a softer surface than bitumen. Doing the practical test at low speed on the off road course is easy for most. What youngsters don't know is their own mortality, especially at higher speeds, the rules of the road, and dealing with traffic. 

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

As a general principle in Thailand all government officials must be in uniform when they are on the job, 

I was knocking this teacher off and she always wore her uniform when on the job, I love a woman in a uniform

4 hours ago, stereolab said:

Rides past instructor with chin strap undone.

...and shorts

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

5pm.jpg

Why did he remove the mirrors?

In Thailand It is fashion or hip mainly for male youngsters to ride without mirrors. Anyway, mirrors are predominantly being used to redo the lipstick or to squeeze out pimples.

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Most of them have already been riding since the age of 12, and are convinced they already know everything. 

Yes maybe. 

But DLT Does it one on a bike.

Maybe some lessons on kerbside parking should be included.?

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Go to ANY school in Thailand and watch the students leaving. 3-4 on a bike, no helmets, seriously underaged drivers, with a cop stopping traffic so they can get out. 

I suppose you will tell them both how to improve??

Good man. What kind of medal you are looking for? ????

Archived