DLT teaching students how to ride motorcycles as number without licences revealed

webfact

We all know there is a problem, but know one knows how to fix it, well the ones with power to. A 300bt fine every month for not wearing a helmet is clearly not doing the trick, make it 5000 and take the bike.

This is not an arcade game, you don't get up and have another go!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about subsidised lessons for adults on low income and more heavier fines for those caught without a licence.

what about a low power bike exempt from requiring a licence, governed to max speed of 15kph, prohibited from fast roads, ideal for getting about the village and not much further, maybe battery powered? 

DLT chief Theeraphon Thawornsuphacharoen was commenting about a project called "Modern Day Students Have Licences".

" Oh, my Buddha!!" The students at our World Class Standard School must wear a helmet when they arrive in the morning.

Nobody cares if they leave without a helmet, or if three, or four sit on it.

Many teachers obviously do not need a helmet, because their brains are so huge. 

Just looking at the photo for propaganda purposes made me laugh. The guy is wearing one of the low quality helmets and the strap isn't even closed.

That alone already tells how helpful the whole training is. And the M 1 to M3's are the ones with less experience, but they are not included. TIT. 

12 hours ago, mok199 said:

Riding alone in a controlled setting,and riding with 1 or 2 friends on a freeway, is a completely different animal....but good luck, they will need it

These kids don't need to learn how to drive a motorbike,but they might need some lessons about rules to obey while driving.

18 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

The road death tolls will go up for sure . 

Why? These kids drives their bikes every day. Most of the motorbike accidents are caused by older guys speeding and because of alcohol and a combo of both, and there are loads of vans,cars and lorries out there driven by useless drivers. A car or a van against a motorbike, and the motorbike always loses. 

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

He has no zits or blackheads.

look  more  bootiful,  is  the  real reason just  like the many adult pickup driving retards who remove the rear bumper because we  all  know replacing a  bumper is way  more expensive than  trying to straighten out bent rear section of the pick up body panels tailgate etc (sarcasm at 100%)

21 Million Bikes does not mean that there are 21 million possible licence holders/riders.

So if a family of 5 people who ride the families scooter and none have a licence, thats 5 unlicenced for the 1 bike

Its not rocket science, unless your a Thai Reporter and then its an intellectual mindfield 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

7.7 million people - many of them students - ride motorcycles without a licence. 

Oh, no worry - we will train 0.66% of them to make the roads safe.  I have said before that mandatory driver training, theory plus practical, must form part of the school curriculum from age 12.  Ahhh, where to find qualified instructors???

Especially entering a main street turning left from side Soi and not bothering to look right for any traffic immediately to their right. Happened to me more than once, and one time almost ran over a stupid teen on her bike. Screeched to a halt and not a glimpse from the idiot on the bike, she just kept on going.

Most of them have already been riding since the age of 12, and are convinced they already know everything. 

48 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Since when have you seen a 12 year old girl riding an 800,000 Baht, 1,000cc motorbike home from school? 

I somehow doubt that there was a 12 year old asian girl riding a R1, this bike has a seat height of 855mm, i don't see how she would even reach the ground. Maybe she was riding a R15.

4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

what do i need a license for sir.i,am nearly 13  i can ride a bike.give me a few tips and i will be a expert.dad will buy me a scooter for school i,am set up then.

Are you kidding? I'm 13 and my daddy bought me a 1200 cc sports bike, we watched a whole hour movie showing the dangers on the roads.

That's enough, now watch me riding 230 km/h.....crrrr aaaaaaaa ssshhhhhh.

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Are you kidding? I'm 13 and my daddy bought me a 1200 cc sports bike, we watched a whole hour movie showing the dangers on the roads.

That's enough, now watch me riding 230 km/h.....crrrr aaaaaaaa ssshhhhhh.

YOU re not OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE ANY ROAD SENSE.....so should NOT be on the road.....for your/and others safelty

6 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

For many young people a motor bike is the only way to get to school.

This is just wrong.

Many villages have Songtheaws who transport students, if they don't have them yet they could simply start using them.

Many students could also use a bicycle to go to school (or a combination of bicycle + public transport if the school is further away).

Maybe there are 1% of students who live in such exceptional circumstances that their own motorbike is the only choice, but the vast majority of students is using motorbikes because it's cool and the parents allow it.

Archived