Thailand further trims 2019 arrivals forecast while tourism confidence index holds steady

webfact

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

How many new hotel rooms in Samui since 14 years?

Like more than double, to 27,000 now and counting (still some hotels/resorts being built, or palnned) ... With also the added competition of at least 5 times more bungalows and villas rented out (mostly per day or week) to tourists (families, groups) in those years... Making figures I heard of like 40,000 'bedrooms' available for rental credible (The number of nights tourists spend have in those years also fallen from about 11 to less than 4...). 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the AUD gets totally crapped on (ahh correction ... more crapped on) I'll be spending my annuals in Los and 10 to 15K in doing so. And no to all your pervert TV folks It won't be on ladyboys ... lol ... but maybe on their grandmothers lol lol ... 

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes brilliant play and the Lyons fumble summed up the Ozzie game in the end.

Agree with the rest of your comment also (just to stay on topic). 

The tourist thing is good for me cause I'll be going there when the rest of tourist folks are going elsewhere ... all the more gorgeous women for me I say hahaha.

Yep go to sunny Spain and the dirty overcrowded beaches and the <deleted> Euro trash (hey sounds like Patt's on any Saturday night don;t it lol).

Cricket OMG what a totally boring waste of days and days and days and days and days and days and days and days.

I guess any diversion from the total crapfest of Brexit you Poms are creating is a good thing lol. The anarchistic neanderthals of the right and far right in England will be goose stepping about in glee at their master-plan causing so much harm, disent, chaos and division. 

Oh ... and I'm an Aussie and I couldn't give a hoot who wins the Ashes ... win 5 nil for all I could care lol lol ... boring Anglo-ethnocentric pastime. 

13 hours ago, Traubert said:

They only came to Thailand for the beer?

No but being lads on holiday one of the biggest expenses on holiday in Thailand is the price of beer.i could of used the ice cream index but I don't think most would be affected by the price of ice cream.

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

No they are not included, but it wouldn't make a big difference if they were. Less than 3% only transfer in Thailand.

2018 2.jpg

That's airside transits. Somebody switching airlines could clear immigration, get bags and check in to another flight. Or stay just one night in BKK and fly out in the morning. They are counted as tourists. There's no data available of the distribution of the length of stay in Thailand I know of.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

That's airside transits. Somebody switching airlines could clear immigration, get bags and check in to another flight. Or stay just one night in BKK and fly out in the morning. They are counted as tourists. There's no data available of the distribution of the length of stay in Thailand I know of.

True, but the question was if air-side transits are included. TAT's 39+ million tourist numbers are cooked up by adding the 25 million international arrivals by air with about 14 million border crossings, which mostly are not tourist in the traditional sense.

The interesting part is how many of the 25 million air arrivals are true tourists?

Business travel, resident foreigners taking trips outside Thailand, embassy, UN travel, double counting when a tourist take a short hop to see Angkor Wat, etc, might shave a couple of million off that 25 million number.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Questions

1. Do you like Thailand a lot or love Thailand?

2. Is Thailand safe or very safe?

3. Will you return this year or next year?

Asked while surrounded by 10 police in full uniform.

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Asked while surrounded by 10 police in full uniform.

And if you pass the test and are not sent to a gulag, they wil have a finger pointing orgy with you holding the "Farang of the week" sign, to be blasted out in the next news spin article for all eternity to see.

Archived