BANGKOK

Hi guys, looking for some advice.

I have quite a bit of money in my Paypal account. I don't want to withdraw it to my UK bank (so don't advise that please) and cannot link my Thai bank to it.

So I want to use the money to buy things, but I can't find any websites in Thailand which accept it. Does anyone know of any?

• Haha 1

Thanks for your comment. When I read that, I though "how could I have missed that?", so I double checked again, and they don't accept it, they accept the following payments only:

• Cash on Delivery

• Credit Card

• Debit Card

• Counter Service

• ATM

• Online Banking Payment

• Credit Card Installments

• Lazada Wallet

• TrueMoney Wallet

You should be able to link a Thai bank account to it. The only problem was to transfer money from this account to PayPal. But the other way round it should work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

You should be able to link a Thai bank account to it. The only problem was to transfer money from this account to PayPal. But the other way round it should work. 

You can't, I contacted Paypal about it.

I have half my company running through paypal and linked to my thai accounts. Maybe you can open a new account with Thai details and link it that way?

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

You can't, I contacted Paypal about it.

Maybe your british account. But try opening a new account and transfer it to there?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, elcaro said:

Maybe your british account. But try opening a new account and transfer it to there?

Yes, that's what Paypal said, but you can't have 2 Paypal accounts so I would have to close my UK one and don't really want to do that as I use it to pay for things online fairly regularly, but not often enough to make use of this balance. Really if I could just find an online Thai company that would accept it and actually sells something that I want, that would be the easiest option. Computer parts or meat would be ideal, but no dice with either of those so far.

Edited by SteveK

We have no problem we get money on a regular basis into paypal then transfer to Siam bank

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

We have no problem we get money on a regular basis into paypal then transfer to Siam bank

If you set up a Thai Paypal then yes no problem. I can't do that.

5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

If you set up a Thai Paypal then yes no problem. I can't do that.

Why can't you set up a Thai PayPal account? I have a US one and later I set up an additional Thai account. Then I moved funds from the US to the Thai PayPal account. 

• Like 1

I tried to deposit money from my Thai bank acc to my paypal acc but was informed you can't do this from a Thai bank. I know this won't help.

Posted (edited)

Nonsense, you can have multiple PP accounts as well link a Thai bank account. 
I even have my Dutch and Thai account linked into it. Otherwise just transfer the funds to a local PP account, doesn't get easier than they offer already.

Unless your money is fraud money, then you will be given a hard time to move or use it.

Edited by tabarin

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could open a second PayPal account with a Thai bank and transfer your money from A to B to bank.

There are lots of websites which accept PayPay. I am pretty sure the majority of pages accept it.

Lazada.co.th is one of them

quite sometime Lazada stopped receiving paypal payments....

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could open a second PayPal account with a Thai bank and transfer your money from A to B to bank.

There are lots of websites which accept PayPay. I am pretty sure the majority of pages accept it.

Lazada.co.th is one of them

Lazada does not accept PayPal.