Jump to content
BANGKOK
wayned

PCI HDMI card

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, wayned said:

image.png.565664d3b2c2600155aac954b5257bf2.png

...and SPD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wayned said:

The two monitor problem is solved the AMD Rep from HK emailed me, even though my message to them didn't indicate that it was sent.  He knew exactly what the problem was.  I was changing/installing the HDMI connector without powering down the system.  I connected a TV and the monitor and powered it up, both screens came on . The monitor was OK but the TV was magnified so that it cut off all of the icons.  I screwed around with the AMD menu items and finally solved the problem, I don't have a clue what I did but it's OK now.  Now the only problem is getting audio through the HDMI cable.  I have audion to the external speakers but when I switch the sound to AMD HDMI I get nothing on the TV speakers.  (yes, the TV does have speakers)  I'll continue tomorrow.  It's time to walk the dogs, SSS and eat something and then take a long nap until about 2300.  Up and back at'm when it's cool and the US CNN USA daily news is on which I can stream, see who Trump trashed this time and continue my adventure!

 

You just made sure that the resolution of the TV matched with the output of the graphics card. Dependent on whether an HD resolution or Full HD resolution; 1280p x 720p or 1920p x 1080p respectively. Your PC monitor possibly has slightly different resolution if not Full HD.

 

Quote

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on Playback Devices to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI as the default device, click Set Default and click OK to save the changes. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamJar said:

 

You just made sure that the resolution of the TV matched with the output of the graphics card. Dependent on whether an HD resolution or Full HD resolution; 1280p x 720p or 1920p x 1080p respectively. Your PC monitor possibly has slightly different resolution if not Full HD.

 

 

 

 

 

I screwed with resolution until I was blue in the face and nothing changed,. I really don't know what I did to get the picture the right size and fully expected that when I powered it down and back up the problem would be back.  As far as the audio psoblem I'mm well aware of the sound output control selection menu and tried it many times.  The HK rep said that I should select AMD before I started the application as many finctions are not "dynamic"  I tried that but no luck.  The next thing that I wiill try is to select AMD as the default power down and back up.

 

Time to go get a bottle of compressed air and some electrical cleaner spray (from the shop outside).  I have a compressor and bought a SS spray bottle that can be filled with air- also any liquid.  Best thing that I bought since I got here other than food and beer.  The unused HDMI connector on ther TV is really dirty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

That's one of the annoyances of Windows that I haven't found a way round yet.  When you want to use sound through the TV, click on the speaker icon in the task bar.  You then should be able to access a drop-down menu and select the TV as the sound device.  You'll need to change it back again when you want to use the speakers.

Not at my PC with W 10 Pro. When the TV is connected via HDMI the start up takes a bit longer, but sound and picture is working flawlessly.

 

    That's one of the reasons why I prefer W 10 to W 7. 

 

  

Edited by Isaanbiker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

When the TV is connected via HDMI the start up takes a bit

How much is a bit?  Mine is taking minutes.  I syus[ect that  my pwr supply is too small for the card.  I'll check the next time that I open the case next week when I install more RAM.  The Users manal states.  The user's manual states that if there is insufficent power it is detected and the clock speed is dlowed down to keep from overloading the supply making the computer slower.  The initial start up s very long but after that, if I turn it off and back on afew minutes later, it's much faster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wayned said:

How much is a bit?  Mine is taking minutes.  I syus[ect that  my pwr supply is too small for the card.  I'll check the next time that I open the case next week when I install more RAM.  The Users manal states.  The user's manual states that if there is insufficent power it is detected and the clock speed is dlowed down to keep from overloading the supply making the computer slower.  The initial start up s very long but after that, if I turn it off and back on afew minutes later, it's much faster.

Without the TV, an "intelligent" Samsung that isn't very wise, the PC boots within a minute.

 

  When HDMI is connected, it takes up to two minutes, or more. Even the via VGA connected screen takes much longer to show anything.

 

First, I thought I had a PC problem, but it seem to be normal with older PC's. 

 

You could boot it without the PC attached then connect the HDMI.

 

But that's with W 10 Pro, no idea how good W 7 is. I've never tried that before.

 

  Considering that W 7 isn't much longer supported, if I were you, I'd upgrade it to 10.

  

  My offer stands, I can send you a free W 10 Pro activation key, if you don't wanna go the W 7 upgrade way. 

 

Once you've more DDR RAM, it should be faster. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, two ,imutes seems like a lifetime. With Windows 7 the HDMI connector must be connected, at least with an XFX 5450 card.  If you connect tit afterit's booted both the VGA and HDMI displays are bad. My old Samsung plasma unit says no signal until the booting is complete and then the picture comes on.  My 32" Sony dshows the same display as the VGA monitor during boot "windows is starting"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wayned said:

Yeah, two ,imutes seems like a lifetime. With Windows 7 the HDMI connector must be connected, at least with an XFX 5450 card.  If you connect tit afterit's booted both the VGA and HDMI displays are bad. My old Samsung plasma unit says no signal until the booting is complete and then the picture comes on.  My 32" Sony dshows the same display as the VGA monitor during boot "windows is starting"

Honestly, now so used to W 10, I wouldn't want to go back to 7 and download drivers that don't work,etc..

 

   Things would be quite different if you upgrade to the new 1903 version of W 10 Pro. ( Key will be free for you)

 

  https://www.itechtics.com/windows-10-download-iso/

 

Or you upgrade: 

 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

 

   Have a good one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wayned said:

How much is a bit?  Mine is taking minutes.  I syus[ect that  my pwr supply is too small for the card.  I'll check the next time that I open the case next week when I install more RAM.  The Users manal states.  The user's manual states that if there is insufficent power it is detected and the clock speed is dlowed down to keep from overloading the supply making the computer slower.  The initial start up s very long but after that, if I turn it off and back on afew minutes later, it's much faster.

 

Your start up time should be around 30 seconds. Did you clean install the operating system to the SSD when you obtained it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

 

Your start up time should be around 30 seconds. Did you clean install the operating system to the SSD when you obtained it?

Mt older PC I've attached to our Super Intelligent Samsung TV needs much longer to start up when the HDMI cable is attached. I'd have thought it's also about the processor speed and of course the memory.

 

W 10 Pro usually 42 seconds without and 1.5 minutes with HDMI....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Mt older PC I've attached to our Super Intelligent Samsung TV needs much longer to start up when the HDMI cable is attached. I'd have thought it's also about the processor speed and of course the memory.

 

W 10 Pro usually 42 seconds without and 1.5 minutes with HDMI....

 

My nine year old laptop with Pentium Dual Core CPU, 4GB of RAM and an SSD takes around 30 seconds.

Doesn't have an HDMI output.

The OP's start up time is already too long.

With 4GB of RAM and a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit, that should go down to closer to 30 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally fixed my boot time problem.  The only thing that was left was the HDD or the power supply, so I unhoked the HDD and used it for a couple of days with no change.  I "borrowed" a new power supply from the local guy and now everything is fine.  I also installed another 2GB of RAM.  Now my boot time is repeatable at around 30 seconds and everytin is much faster.

 

I put Windows 10 upgrade on hold until I replace the whole mess, or it outlives me:stoner:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wayned said:

Finally fixed my boot time problem.  The only thing that was left was the HDD or the power supply, so I unhoked the HDD and used it for a couple of days with no change.  I "borrowed" a new power supply from the local guy and now everything is fine.  I also installed another 2GB of RAM.  Now my boot time is repeatable at around 30 seconds and everytin is much faster.

 

I put Windows 10 upgrade on hold until I replace the whole mess, or it outlives me:stoner:

 

Confused. I thought you bought 2 x 2 GB of RAM. It seemed you had 2 x 1 GB on-board. You didn't show the SPD screenshot, but it looked that way. So just 3GB of RAM installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JamJar said:

 

Confused. I thought you bought 2 x 2 GB of RAM. It seemed you had 2 x 1 GB on-board. You didn't show the SPD screenshot, but it looked that way. So just 3GB of RAM installed?

I did buy 2 x 2GB of Ram and replaced the 2 x 1GB of RAM that was in the computer so I now have 4GB of RAM. I had 2GB and now have 4GB so  I "added" 2GB of RAM.  It made sense to me!  I can buy 2 x 4GB of RAM for 348 baht and replace the 2 x2GB of RAm that is there now and then I would add another4GB of RAM and have 8GB of RAM.  The questionis will it make it any faster than it is now?

 

image.png.155230fde9168bb06ed62df379f465fe.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Download the small gadget on your desktop so you can easily monitor your RAM usage.

 

that way you will know if you need to add more Ram..

 

eg: I have 16 GB [4 x 4GB] I like to have a few windows open at the same time... it uses about 44 - 56%  if I take 3 out so only have 4 GB it tries to run = slow and keep stopping at 96 - 99%..  [edit: use Windows 10 - 64 Bit]

 

The main question is are you running 64 Bit ? You said on 1st page you are running 32 bit then NO adding more Ram will do nothing as far as I can remember 4 GB is the Max you can use in Windows 7 - 32 Bit 

Edited by ignis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...