Jump to content
BANGKOK
wayned

PCI HDMI card

Recommended Posts

I am getting old so just

Search Google.......... Windows 7 - 32 Bit Max usable Ram

says 3.5 GB is the Max Windows 32 bit will let you use

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gadget's been there for a while.   Currently 56% and have never noticed it over 77%.  Windows 7, 32 bit and I just verified that the max RAM is 4GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wayned said:

I did buy 2 x 2GB of Ram and replaced the 2 x 1GB of RAM that was in the computer so I now have 4GB of RAM. I had 2GB and now have 4GB so  I "added" 2GB of RAM.  It made sense to me!  I can buy 2 x 4GB of RAM for 348 baht and replace the 2 x2GB of RAm that is there now and then I would add another4GB of RAM and have 8GB of RAM.  The questionis will it make it any faster than it is now?

 

image.png.155230fde9168bb06ed62df379f465fe.png

 

Yeah... I wanted to see the SPD tab. But it seems you prefer the Memory tab. 🙂 No need anymore.

 

A good price for 2 x 4 GB of RAM. It won't make any difference if you have Windows 7 32 bit installed. As a 32 bit operating system cannot address the extra RAM at all.

For that you need a 64 bit OS.

 

Noticed that I overlooked something else. I took the specs from the Longwell computer website and assumed they were the same as yours;

http://www.longwellcom.com/product/4679/mainboard-775-g31

http://www.longwellcom.com/product/50902/mainboard-775-g31s

 

So I erred on the side of caution telling you that the Core2Duo E6850 was perhaps the limit for your board. But in fact your board is slightly different and claims to be able to accept a Core2Quad, such as the https://www.lazada.co.th/products/core-2-quad-q6600-i267344736-s417719561.html 

4.png.c15edb20f49eed30c3dcaf1096ffdf3e.png

 

5.png.39c9c9d551f3292c5c9f470aa706f242.png

Perhaps an upgrade for the future.

 

You can even ask if it supports https://www.lazada.co.th/products/cpu-775-core-2-quad-q9500-6m-cache-283-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb-i337996036-s654412448.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/longwellcom/

 

The specs suggest a max of 4GB of RAM;

 

Quote

Brand :LONGWELL Model :INTEL G31LMS CPU Support :Intel® Celeron Intel® Celeron D Intel® Celeron Dual-Core Intel® Core 2 Duo Intel® Core 2 Quad Intel® Pentium 4 Intel® Pentium D Intel® Pentium Dual Core Socket :775 Memory Support :Dual Channel DDR2 Memory Technology 2 x DDR2 DIMM Slots Support DDR2 667/800 MHz Max.capacity up to 4GB Memory Memory Type :DDR2 Memory Bus :667 / 800 MHz Memory Slot :2 Slots Chipset :Intel G31 Express North Bridge Intel ICH7 South Bridge chipsets Audio :Supports 6 channels sound input( ex: Realtek ALC662) Supports 16-bit ADC (Analog Digital Converter) Supports multipls stereo input mixer FSB :processors with 800/1066/1333 MHz FSB Expansion Slots :1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 (x16 mode) 1 x PCI Slot Storage :4 x SATA2 Connector Internal I/O Connectors :1 x 24-pin EATX Power Connector 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power Connector 1 x CPU Fan Connector 2 x F USB 2.0 Connector 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector (AAFP) 1 x Speaker Connector 1 x System Panel Connector Back Panel Connectors :1 x PS/2 Mouse Port 1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port 1 x VGA (D-Sub) Port 1 x Serial Port (Com1) 1 x Parallel Port (LPT) 4 x USB 2.0 Port 1 x RJ-45 LAN port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) 3 x Audio Jacks: Line in / Speaker / Microphone LAN :10/100/1000 Mb/s auto negotiation Half/Full duplex capability Realtek® RTL8105E Form Factor :Micro ATX Form Factor Dimension: 21.2 cm x 17.0cm Operating System Support :Microsoft® Window® XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 Warranty :1Y

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wayned said:

Gadget's been there for a while.   Currently 56% and have never noticed it over 77%.  Windows 7, 32 bit and I just verified that the max RAM is 4GB.

 

When you eventually run a clean install, you can install the 64 bit version of whichever operating system. Then you'll note that all 4 GB of RAM will be utilised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ignis said:

Download the small gadget on your desktop so you can easily monitor your RAM usage.

 

that way you will know if you need to add more Ram..

 

eg: I have 16 GB [4 x 4GB] I like to have a few windows open at the same time... it uses about 44 - 56%  if I take 3 out so only have 4 GB it tries to run = slow and keep stopping at 96 - 99%..  [edit: use Windows 10 - 64 Bit]

 

The main question is are you running 64 Bit ? You said on 1st page you are running 32 bit then NO adding more Ram will do nothing as far as I can remember 4 GB is the Max you can use in Windows 7 - 32 Bit 

 

No SSD installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually now that I have the graphics card working properly with sound and a new power supply, that I haven't paid for yet, (whoops, I forgot),  I'm satisfied for now.  Thanks for all of your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JamJar said:

 

No SSD installed?

I assume that you mean the Toshiba 240GB falsh drive.  I don't see it or the HDD anywhere but it's definitely installed as the computer runs fine with the HDD disconnected.  Heres the SPD display.

image.png.3a7c84bab8a4889fd43a465288ef1a1f.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wayned said:

I assume that you mean the Toshiba 240GB falsh drive.  I don't see it or the HDD anywhere but it's definitely installed as the computer runs fine with the HDD disconnected.  Heres the SPD display.

image.png.3a7c84bab8a4889fd43a465288ef1a1f.png

 

 

I was asking ignis. I know you have a Toshiba 240 GB SSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wayned said:

Actually now that I have the graphics card working properly with sound and a new power supply, that I haven't paid for yet, (whoops, I forgot),  I'm satisfied for now.  Thanks for all of your help!

 

Should be a lot better than it was before.

CPU upgrade is only if your usage changes in the future. At least you know there is a possibility of upgrading the CPU for not much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

No SSD installed?

No not yet,  have inside 3 x 1 TB WD HDD's + USB 1 TB + a 2 TB WD My Passport, the one USB HDD is used for constant backup - guess that take some of the Ram as it is always backing up.. have a Full Case so lots of room and can install 4 x SSD, will get around to it one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ignis said:

No not yet,  have inside 3 x 1 TB WD HDD's + USB 1 TB + a 2 TB WD My Passport, the one USB HDD is used for constant backup - guess that take some of the Ram as it is always backing up.. have a Full Case so lots of room and can install 4 x SSD, will get around to it one day.

 

You should definitely have an SSD for at least the Boot drive. With the others it isn't as important. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I finally have everything working to my likeing, I went out and treated myself to a mew Acer ED 322Q 32"' monitor.  It came yesterday and I hooked it up this morning.  This is the first time that I have used the computer without glasses in a loooooog time.  It's great and I think that the curvature makes it easier to read.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

You should definitely have an SSD for at least the Boot drive. With the others it isn't as important. 

 

How much faster for the Boot drive ?  my present 'C' partition in a 1 TB HDD takes 39 - 53 secs every morning............  when I come down I switch on go to the kitchen and put the coffee on, when I come back it is ready to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wayned said:

Since I finally have everything working to my likeing, I went out and treated myself to a mew Acer ED 322Q 32"' monitor.  It came yesterday and I hooked it up this morning.  This is the first time that I have used the computer without glasses in a loooooog time.  It's great and I think that the curvature makes it easier to read.

For sure, change to a 32" about 7 years ago..  wear varifocal so had to sit right hold my head right, sit still  or screen blurred if you started moving in the chair

Edited by ignis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ignis said:

How much faster for the Boot drive ?  my present 'C' partition in a 1 TB HDD takes 39 - 53 secs every morning............  when I come down I switch on go to the kitchen and put the coffee on, when I come back it is ready to go.

 

It's not just about start up times, which of course will be a lot quicker than before. Mainly due to the combination of the solid state drive and the large amount of RAM.

Yours start up times are mitigated by the large amount of RAM. But it is still held back by the fact that everything has to be loaded into RAM from the relatively slow HDD. 

Mechanical HDD will almost always be the bottleneck of a computer system. I don't imagine that you have a terrible CPU, as you have chosen to fit 16 GB of RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...