Pattaya: 4 AM opening is great - but pubs must be "socially responsible"

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

quote:-

"pubs and clubs should have alcohol testing stations"

Unbelievable - Amazing Thailand! For Thais as well? Can you imagine a boozing tourist, or ex-pat, in a bar playing pool with a Thai lady (I will be polite on this) having to go and check in a "breathalyser' machine every time he wants another beer!

Bangkok On Nut Road on Friday night plenty of cops testing breath. In a bar who will test? Increase revenue or harass clients?

Your point is clear as it makes no sense of testing alcohol station.

Breathalyzer should be available for those that want to use them. 

China has a zero tolerance for alcohol and there’s a service for those who drive you can message or the bar usual offers. 

The person shows up on a bicycle puts the bicycle in your trunk 

and drives you and home. Charge was less than a taxi and you didn’t have to go get your car the next day. They drivers have ID

and are certified by provider. 

I felt bad I lived out in the middle of no where a new community. The MTR stops at a certain time ...usually the driver would catch that back into town. I asked the driver to stop so he’d 

be closer to go back, He said no you’ve had to much to drink.

3 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Breathalyzer should be available for those that want to use them. 

China has a zero tolerance for alcohol and there’s a service for those who drive you can message or the bar usual offers. 

The person shows up on a bicycle puts the bicycle in your trunk 

and drives you and home. Charge was less than a taxi and you didn’t have to go get your car the next day. They drivers have ID

and are certified by provider. 

I felt bad I lived out in the middle of no where a new community. The MTR stops at a certain time ...usually the driver would catch that back into town. I asked the driver to stop so he’d 

be closer to go back, He said no you’ve had to much to drink.

I will resist the temptation to joke about allowing a Chinese person to drive one's car.

That sounds like a great system and one that I would definitely use if it was available here.

8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Licensees should be prosecuted for serving drunken people and drivers for driving with excess alcohol. Both are the job of the police in a civilised country.

Yes, in a civilized country, not Thailand.

Is this man aware that social responsibility is an unknown virtue in the bar/money/corruption world in Pattaya? Bars stay open in various areas until the sun comes up; serving booze, with music blarring and intoxicated patrons staggering to their scooters or on foot. What a pathetic situation.

11 hours ago, Happyman108 said:

3. An area should be set up where tourists can get a fair price for public transport to take them home. 

And all the tuktuk driver will park in front and block those area demanding 500 baht per trip.

What tuktuk driver? Pattaya does not have tuktuks.

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes its ridiculous. The whole point of extended opening hours is to make people spend more, so bars should encourage binge drinking.

Too true but with the way things are going with the exchange rates most punters are going to be spending less rather than more.

Many of us are on a budget as it is and have been for the last few years. The bars can be open 24/7 but punters will still have the same amount of money to spend in 'em.

10 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Licensees should be prosecuted for serving drunken people and drivers for driving with excess alcohol. Both are the job of the police in a civilised country.

You are in need of theraphy .  Go back home to UK

. Thailand is not the place for moaners.  

22 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What tuktuk driver? Pattaya does not have tuktuks.

Pattaya have taxi, civilised .. 

Tuktuks ,  so quaint .. maybe poor regions in essan have , for CCs..

9 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

There is no reason bars should be open till 4 a. m. More drunks, more fights and more deaths on the road. 

Try , Amsterdam , the most civilised drinkers , i have enjoyed having beers with ..   

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

That would be more honest if it read brothels should be more socially responsible, nobody goes there just to drink beer.

Take the number of bar fines and divide by number of visitors to Walking Street on a given night: 1-100 at best,

Archived