Weather warning just ‘regular’, but be aware says Phuket disaster chief

snoop1130

Weather warning just ‘regular’, but be aware says Phuket disaster chief

By The Phuket News

1566817384_1-org.jpg

A marine weather advisory issued by the TMD earlier today (Aug 26). Image: TMD

PHUKET:-- The Chief of the Phuket Provincial Office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM-Phuket) has urged people to heed a weather warning issued by the national DDPM office and the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD), but has noted that it is “just regular” advisory issued as a precaution.

“We need to issue such warnings just in case,” DDPM-Phuket Chief Prapan Kanprasang told The Phuket News today (Aug 26).

“The notice is mostly aimed at officials to make sure they are ready just in case they are needed urgently, but we need to warn people in risk areas, too,” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/weather-warning-just-regular-but-be-aware-says-phuket-disaster-chief-72635.php#yU70ATdRkVso436B.97

Right on time ,after yesterdays 47 knots they issue a warning. I knew weather was comming for a week. Though thai met was calling for about 20 knots yesterday  .thai met just keeps a warning up even when its sunny and calm.

I understand weather is hard to predict But with these guys its beyond that.

Check out windguru for phuket. This site is about 50/50 but its closest we can get. I usually add 10 knots to windguru. And allow a 12 hour discrepency. Yesterday they had it at 33 knots. So at 47 i guess they win 

18 minutes ago, Roel said:

Friends are on holiday and have scheduled a round the island yacht trip for tomorrow. Should they be prepared for an uncomfortable ride or even better cancel the plan?

Tomorrow will be ok regarding wind, but there will probably be rain all day long. Not very hard, but still all day. So doubt they're going to have a nice day, but it should be safe.

Archived