Jump to content
BANGKOK
ktg718

Getting added to Blue Book

Recommended Posts

I am an American born to a Thai mother who lives in the states and am in the process of getting my Thai birth certificate. I am wondering what documents are needed from me to be added to my Thai uncles Blue Book. 

 

My uncle lives down south and I am wondering if I would need to be present at his local district office to be added to his blue book. I am currently living in Chiang Mai and if its possible to send him the required documents and avoid the trip, it would be ideal. Or is their a way I could do this at my local district office here in Chiang Mai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just have a PR but to be added to blue book, 3 needed to be present at the land office - me, the owner of property and a witness - in person.

 

Don't think you can avoid the trip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you want to be added to a blue book for a house you dont live in ? 

Why wouldn't you be listed in the house you live in, the purpose of the blue book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

 

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

 

glegolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

 

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

 

glegolo

Probably because many Thais have the same problem as foreigners.

Many landlords don't want to provide required documents (copy of ID card, house book) to foreigners, this is well known here.

Not so well known is that many landlords also don't want to register a Thai tenant in their house book, but actually they are required by law to do this.

OP probably wants to be able to obtain a Thai ID card, or get a driving license, or anything else which requires a confirmed address, so he needs to be registered in a house book.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not directly visa related. Moved to here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

 

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

 

glegolo

Because if they move around and need a copy of the Bluebook it might be difficult to get, but if their name is in a family owned bluebook they can easy get a copy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would you want to be added to a blue book for a house you dont live in ? 

Why wouldn't you be listed in the house you live in, the purpose of the blue book.

Probably because he needs to be registered in a bluebook before he can proceed getting his birth certificate and then his ID card.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Probably because he needs to be registered in a bluebook before he can proceed getting his birth certificate and then his ID card.

You wouldn't be able to be in a blue book with no ID card. Open other end situation. 

I think it would be ID card from birth certificate then go in a blue book.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, offset said:

Because if they move around and need a copy of the Bluebook it might be difficult to get, but if their name is in a family owned bluebook they can easy get a copy

since is been computerized no me to carry around the blue book any longer. Can go to any district office (ampoe) and get a certified printout

 

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

You wouldn't be able to be in a blue book with no ID card. Open other end situation. 

I think it would be ID card from birth certificate then go in a blue book.

I think it's birth certificate, then blue book, then id card. And I'm pretty sure the first id card can only be issued at the district office of the blue book registration. Not sure about renewal/replacement cards

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

 

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

 

glegolo

every time a Thai person changes his address (move into new blue book) they have to change their id card and driver licenses which is both a hassle and costs money. That's why unless they have a permanent or at least a very long term address they prefer to stay registered in a family's book

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

every time a Thai person changes his address (move into new blue book) they have to change their id card and driver licenses which is both a hassle and costs money. That's why unless they have a permanent or at least a very long term address they prefer to stay registered in a family's book

i would have written as such.   You saved me the trouble.   

ALSO :  My gf home (place of birth) is far from where we live.  Her parents still live there and will never move.  She keeps her name on that blue book, though she has moved more than once.  When renewing her DL or ID card  she is never questioned about why her blue book address is far away

Edited by rumak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You wouldn't be able to be in a blue book with no ID card. Open other end situation. 

I think it would be ID card from birth certificate then go in a blue book.

You only get an ID-Card if you are entered in a blue book.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I think it's birth certificate, then blue book, then id card

That's the correct order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ktg718 said:

I am an American born to a Thai mother who lives in the states and am in the process of getting my Thai birth certificate. I am wondering what documents are needed from me to be added to my Thai uncles Blue Book.

I brought my birth certificate and two uncles to confirm my identity and they added me to the housebook right away, issued my personal 13 digit ID number and handed me my ID card.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...