Getting added to Blue Book

ktg718

I am an American born to a Thai mother who lives in the states and am in the process of getting my Thai birth certificate. I am wondering what documents are needed from me to be added to my Thai uncles Blue Book. 

My uncle lives down south and I am wondering if I would need to be present at his local district office to be added to his blue book. I am currently living in Chiang Mai and if its possible to send him the required documents and avoid the trip, it would be ideal. Or is their a way I could do this at my local district office here in Chiang Mai.

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

glegolo

25 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yes I have also wondered over this fact, why thais are so keen to be in a housebook where they do not live. Why do thai people dont care more about to get it right????

Maybe there is a purpose that I havent thought about? Or is it just plain stupid??

glegolo

Probably because many Thais have the same problem as foreigners.

Many landlords don't want to provide required documents (copy of ID card, house book) to foreigners, this is well known here.

Not so well known is that many landlords also don't want to register a Thai tenant in their house book, but actually they are required by law to do this.

OP probably wants to be able to obtain a Thai ID card, or get a driving license, or anything else which requires a confirmed address, so he needs to be registered in a house book.

13 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

Because if they move around and need a copy of the Bluebook it might be difficult to get, but if their name is in a family owned bluebook they can easy get a copy

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would you want to be added to a blue book for a house you dont live in ? 

Why wouldn't you be listed in the house you live in, the purpose of the blue book.

Probably because he needs to be registered in a bluebook before he can proceed getting his birth certificate and then his ID card.

10 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Probably because he needs to be registered in a bluebook before he can proceed getting his birth certificate and then his ID card.

You wouldn't be able to be in a blue book with no ID card. Open other end situation. 

I think it would be ID card from birth certificate then go in a blue book.

5 hours ago, offset said:

Because if they move around and need a copy of the Bluebook it might be difficult to get, but if their name is in a family owned bluebook they can easy get a copy

since is been computerized no me to carry around the blue book any longer. Can go to any district office (ampoe) and get a certified printout

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

You wouldn't be able to be in a blue book with no ID card. Open other end situation. 

I think it's birth certificate, then blue book, then id card. And I'm pretty sure the first id card can only be issued at the district office of the blue book registration. Not sure about renewal/replacement cards

18 hours ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

every time a Thai person changes his address (move into new blue book) they have to change their id card and driver licenses which is both a hassle and costs money. That's why unless they have a permanent or at least a very long term address they prefer to stay registered in a family's book

14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

every time a Thai person changes his address (move into new blue book) they have to change their id card and driver licenses which is both a hassle and costs money. That's why unless they have a permanent or at least a very long term address they prefer to stay registered in a family's book

i would have written as such.   You saved me the trouble.   

ALSO :  My gf home (place of birth) is far from where we live.  Her parents still live there and will never move.  She keeps her name on that blue book, though she has moved more than once.  When renewing her DL or ID card  she is never questioned about why her blue book address is far away

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You only get an ID-Card if you are entered in a blue book.

19 hours ago, ktg718 said:

I am an American born to a Thai mother who lives in the states and am in the process of getting my Thai birth certificate. I am wondering what documents are needed from me to be added to my Thai uncles Blue Book.

I brought my birth certificate and two uncles to confirm my identity and they added me to the housebook right away, issued my personal 13 digit ID number and handed me my ID card.

29 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Thank you, and thanks you other guys who explained good to know.  The only thing that is troublesom than for Thailand is if they like to keep track of their citizens and try to know real true numbers of i.e. how many people lives in Bangkok or Khon kaen or Pattaya and the villages up north or south....

Like we have it in falang countries I guess Thailand have wrapped themselfs into so difficult measures that it is impossible to know anything about their own population.

glegolo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived