Health insurance recommendations/suggestions

Bobbylea

On 8/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, Bobbylea said:

Just wondering if anyone can provide suggestions/recommendations for purchasing health insurance in Thailand?

On 8/28/2019 at 5:53 AM, stament said:

Interested too ????

If you haven't yet looked back through the many threads I would suggest it could be worth your while starting with this one. There is a lot of very pertinent information and covers the differences between Thai based and International based insurance offers.

Don't be out off by the start date of the thread as it ran until earlier this year and even the earlier posts are still relevant.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Thai Health Insurance for years. Their website is in English. All conditions and prices depending on your age are indicated. 

My experience:

- No initial health check up required.

- Had an operation a few years ago, they paid directly the hospital without problem. They didn't kick me out although what they had to pay was much more than I had paid them at that time. The next year the premium was increased a little but was still reasonable then later returned to normal as there was no other claim.

- How much the premium will increase with age is also indicated.

- They can't reject your claim because it was an existing condition if the problem is found 2 years after beginning of the contract.

It may not be suitable if you travel often (I never do) or plan to use very expensive hospitals such as Bumrungrad, Samitivej, etc.

I have another AIA assurance but it is not for health only. Did not cause any trouble when I claimed too.

I have used Thai Health Insurance for years. Their website is in English. All conditions and prices depending on your age are indicated. 
My experience:
- Had an operation a few years ago, they paid directly the hospital without problem. They didn't kick me out although what they had to pay was much more than I had paid them at that time. The next year the premium was increased a little but was still reasonable then later returned to normal as there was no other claim.
- They can't reject your claim because it was an existing condition if the problem is found 2 years after beginning of the contract.

It may not be suitable if you travel often (I never do) or plan to use very expensive hospitals such as Bumrungrad, Samitivej, etc.

I have another AIA assurance but it is not for health only. Did not cause any trouble when I claimed too.

Have you got a web link to their page? it doesn't come up in google search, many similar names come up

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Stef said:
My experience:

Have you got a web link to their page? it doesn't come up in google search, many similar names come up

thaihealth.co,th

Archived