Partial relief on the way for airport arrivals

snoop1130

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I hope at least some of the "new staff" they're promising to bring on at Swampy and DM can speak at least a bit of Indian... After all, they are the new savior market for Thailand tourism, after the Chinese market kinda "sunk".

Oh Goodness gracious me (head bobble) ????????

11 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Try that company - I will do same next week - seems they are still able to navigate you through fast lane track: https://www.limousine.in.th/fasttrack.php

Use them all the time, excellent service, never have to queue. 1,500 Baht.  Better not tell any others, or even that will get too busy, so mum's the word. 

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I flew out of Swampy two weeks ago and my flight and many others were delayed as it was taking so long to get through immigration.

I must be very lucky, because although over many trips I’ve had the odd 20 minute wait coming in, I’ve never had to wait more than a few minutes going out. Always give myself a margin of a couple of hours though just in case.

2 hours ago, buffallobill said:

I flew into suvarnabhumi yesterday, flight arrived at 5pm, I was in my taxi by 5.25, only 1 person in front of me at immigration, never known it so empty????

TM30 fallout.  Vietnam are laughing their heads off at Thai Immigration 'fines'.

As a passenger going though Swampy to a different destination, it's just another booking problem. Do I book a ticket to transfer early morning or late evening, to avoid the stupid in transit immigration searches? It just narrows the choices of flights and increases the cost's of my travel. The knock on effect starts when I close my front door behind me. Many thanks Thailand, even as a transit passenger you manage to f*"k up my journeys and if thats what you do to tourists arriving what do you do to them outside the airport. l go to Cambodia now, which is a much better user friendly country!!

What about Phuket International Airport??! Just as bad there. The other half nearly fainted after standing in the immigration queue for over an hour. Mind you, there were plenty of very smart looking supervisors wandering around in glitzy uniforms but otherwise doing sweet effay!!!

21 hours ago, lee68 said:

Came through on friday morning at 8am, not a person there walked straight through, a few counters manned, i came in a month ago at 2pm and spent 90 mins in a immigration line! 

That's one of the main problems. When Chinese herds are not being offloaded, it can be a desert. Once the armies of locusts arrive, it's total armageddon. The flight timings are bad.

20 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Try that company - I will do same next week - seems they are still able to navigate you through fast lane track: https://www.limousine.in.th/fasttrack.php

On that note, one of the few actual benefits for the Thai Elite holders that do matter is that they pick you up at the gate, get you through the fastest immigration booth available, pick up your bags while you wait and take you to your car/taxi/bus/etc and vice versa when departing up to the lounge.

It's very expensive though at 100k/y so better fly a lot. Of course if they had their act together there would be no long lines and the benefit would be very small. Maybe it's a conspiracy.

These days anything can happen at a thai airport...i've walked through the doors at Don Muang to see a huge crowd standing there and guess what? They were ALL in line for the scanningmachine.....500 of them!

Same goes for the immigration, anything can happen there...from lines of 3 hours to 3 people in front of me....

So these days we go 4 hours in advance and have to kill the time at the airport which is hard because now we can't smoke anywhere anymore.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, Ron jeremy said:

Next month? Why not immediately?

there was never a reason for so many unmanned immigration booths, when they can see that many arrivals are inbound and hundreds if not thousands will be queuing up .

They can see, but do they look ?,plan shifts,around arrival numbers? do they even coordinate at all ??     meanwhile hundreds of IO roam around the country checking on us that have been here long time legally and not committed any crime. :welcomeani:????

On 8/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, mikebell said:

It's the same at Tesco Lotus; long queues; poor service. Few tills open/many unmanned. I go to Big C now.

Don't go to Ratchadamri branch. Thousands of Chinese in queues longer than at the airports, with several shopping carts full of food each, then packing into boxes just behind the cashiers.

Archived