Getting stuck in on building site

Me Panhar

Have a site in Bangkok and want a few small things doing without the hassle of negotiation and explanation. Things like chasing yellow conduit around a tv in a wall.

Has anyone had any issues with being accused of 'stealing our jobs' and getting a visit from the uniforms? Technically it is considered working illegally I think.

I am husband of the owner.

It is a no-win situation in this culture...I do most of my own home maintenance...when I do call a Thai to repair an air conditioner or difficult plumbing problem...I have to listen to "Farang not know how to fix anything 555"...

Go figure!   ????

15 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

It is a no-win situation in this culture...I do most of my own home maintenance...when I do call a Thai to repair an air conditioner or difficult plumbing problem...I have to listen to "Farang not know how to fix anything 555"...

Oh, I know how I would fix that issue quick????

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I do my own plumbing and sparking and we have a trusted group of trades-people (mostly family and friends) for building / concrete / steelwork (although I provide the materials and tools).

@Me Panhar inside you should have no problems unless, as you say, you <deleted> someone off (so don't be chasing out that channel at 4AM).

This was in Pattaya not Swampy. I used a CAD program to design house extensions, then took it to the Engineering department at City Hall for modification/approval/permission. They found a couple of problems but said that as the house was in an old area of Pattaya and most houses had been modified someway, just go ahead. Don't make too much noise or dust or upset anyone or I would be paid a visit.
I think it's easier to do mods if your dwelling is in an older area.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The powers that be,have not made it mandatory to install CCTV in our houses ....yet,

so no,just get on with the job.

regards worgeordie

Don't worry it's coming, it will be to check if you leave home for a day or two and don't report that you will be out of town for a few days.

Little Napoleon suggested everyone read Animal Farm, wonder if he will suggest 1984 or is that too close to home. 

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Don't worry it's coming, it will be to check if you leave home for a day or two and don't report that you will be out of town for a few days.

Little Napoleon suggested everyone read Animal Farm, wonder if he will suggest 1984 or is that too close to home. 

1984 is a banned book in Thailand,he does not want anyone to know

what he has planned for the coming years.

regards Worgeordie

On 8/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, taninthai said:

I did all my own windows ,doors,plumbing,electrics and painting......you have nothing to worry about.

Correct, I usually get offers to do the Job , but they never turn up , then when i start the job , get lots of advice on how to do it proply,

Archived