outgoing immigration

You should be ok. I knew I was cutting it fine but otherwise a 5 hour wait at Swampy.I arrived Swampy on time on internal flight 16:15 touchdown. Onward economy international flight at 18:25. Had a bag to wait for before going to International check in. There there was a short queue and sign saying check in closing in 25 minutes. After check in security was quick but then long queues at Immigration, although processing was reasonably fast as they had abandoned the fingerprinting checks.. Made it to the gate as they were boarding the last few. The problem with Swampy is not just the queues but the long, long walks from/ to the gates airside, both domestic and international which take up time too.

10 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

You should be ok. I knew I was cutting it fine but otherwise a 5 hour wait at Swampy.I arrived Swampy on time on internal flight 16:15 touchdown. Onward economy international flight at 18:25. Had a bag to wait for before going to International check in. There there was a short queue and sign saying check in closing in 25 minutes. After check in security was quick but then long queues at Immigration, although processing was reasonably fast as they had abandoned the fingerprinting checks.. Made it to the gate as they were boarding the last few. The problem with Swampy is not just the queues but the long, long walks from/ to the gates airside, both domestic and international which take up time too.

They’ll hold the plane for at least 20mins past departure time, maybe more? (confirmed by me a couple times) as it much quicker than locating and unpacking your bag from the hold.

The stink eye you get from the staff and fellow passengers is the hardest part lol

On your first flight ask if you can check bags 

thru to motherland. When I flew to Singapore 

flight from Udon Thani to BKK bags checked

through.

Cleared immigration at Udon Thani landed at BKK

they take you through another area IO again and 

wait for flight minimal waiting time 15 minutes.

If you can’t check luggage to end destination you should 

arrive with extra time, sometimes lines at Sawmpy can

be painful...

Sir 

You are assuming the Smile flight arrives on time, but as the day goes by flights can get delayed if it was an hour late i would consider the connection too short

Personally i would take an earlier flight to cover this eventuality 

WHY because i was an operations manager for large travel company IMHO an hour or so waiting around is much cheaper than missing a flight

The big risk IMO, would be if there are any delays in retrieving your checked luggage from the first flight.. Domestic flights are usually pretty quick, but you might lose 30-40 minutes there.

Many international flights don't allow you chick in (or luggage drop) more than 3 hours before departure, or at least they never used to..  

But if you are on a tight schedule, you could always ask to use the priority Immigration line... 

• 1 month later...

Took us less than 10 minutes to clear security and immigration 2 nights ago. We had a 2:30 am flight that was only half full. We always take these later flights to avoid the huge lines I’m always hearing about. Same on the way in. About 40 flights in and out under our belt in the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours may or may not be OK. It may take a long time for your luggage to come out, and there may be huge queues at immigration. And your incoming flight could be late arriving. Or all of the above, and then you'll miss it.  I've done it once successfully but it is stressful ! I won't do it again.

Archived