Old man harbored a 50 year grudge from school - then he shot his former classmate

webfact

3 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It is strange for a Buddhist country that people are so egotistical and petty. The women too.

Buddhist is about dropping the ego, yet they don't get it.

yea right, something like this would never happen in a christian 'love they neighbour' country.

For example in the USA, a strongly christian country, you never hear of anyone using a gun to do harm to another person.

All he wanted was for the bully to apologise but he would not even after 50 years. It is not only Thailand that has a bullying affect just look at how many young people commit suicide in the 1st world countries because of being bullied, at school, on the internet and many other places

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he didn't mean to kill Suthat and didn't think that he would die, reported Sanook. 

An ex-navy man doesn't know what a 9mm round will do.... after 50 years he shoots the man to death,

now that's holding a grudge !

A pensioner allegedly took revenge on his childhood bully by shooting him dead at a school reunion party this weekend [as] the group reminisced about their school life, 50 years ago ...

That's made up my mind. I will not be attending my "Class of 1970" school reunion next year.

Half a century is sure a long time to hold a grudge against someone. You’re talking like 1969 or 1970? The Vietnam War was still going hot, and Pol Pot still was only the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Kampuchea and was just starting to fight the Cambodia government. Pol Pot’s communist Khmer Rouge still had not won anything. 

Talk about a long time to hold a grudge. 

10 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It is strange for a Buddhist country that people are so egotistical and petty. The women too.

Buddhist is about dropping the ego, yet they don't get it.

Certainly not following Buddhist teaching. 

The very First Precept is:

1. Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami  (Pali)

I undertake the Precept (or training rule) to refrain from killing and injuring living beings.

2 hours ago, crickets said:

How do u release a murderer with a gun on bail. This apologizing and everything is ok is rubbish.

When the murderer is a retired military officer. They get a lot of leeway in Thailand. Status is very important.

"He said his apologies to a picture of the victim before being taken away on a warrant issued by the Ang Thong court.
Relatives later posted bail and he was released temporarily. 
Pol Col Mongkhon Phuwapraphachart said it shows what can happen when alcohol fuels arguments dragged up from the past."
 This about sums up Thailand and it's childish mentality !

On 8/28/2019 at 9:50 AM, toofarnorth said:

Didn't mean to kill him , didn't expect him to die and apologised to a picture of him.  Well I guess that is ok then. That wipes the slate clean.

Yup..but hey that has some weight here, not to mention previously in the Navy..

a2634d816691c9babeb73adde3673944.jpg.a4a351faee9ca91711ac9f02cb76cfd5.jpg

Archived