BANGKOK
rech

In Thailand Burger king is so expensive compared to MdDonald, is it worth the price ?

hi

In Thailand Burger king is so expensive, is it worth the price for you ? or just another scam ?

cheapest hamburger at mcdonald is 28 thb, but 59 thb at burger king, for no difference.

why do people keep going there ? any other alternative ?

thanks

With Taco Bell in the line up...

Watchout B King.....if "In and Out Burger gets into the mix, that'll make it interesting....

• Thanks 1

I have always wondered why.

I don't like any food from McDonald's, only the fried Chicken.

KFC makes me feel sick after I eat it as its so greasy and fatty (so not been there for many years).

But, Burger King has some delicious things.  However, I don't go there often as the prices are a rip off.  Perhaps only 2 times a year.

The extra is for all the oil on their beef, I found  their food disgusting and haven't been back!

Not sure about the prices 100%, but iirc:

Big Mac set costs about 180 THB

Whopper set costs about 210 THB

These sets are about comparable and as we can see the Whopper set costs about 15% more.

Yes, there is a difference, but imho it's not a lot.

If there are alternatives depends on where you live, for example in Chiang Mai we have quite a few alternatives, which offer more burger for the money.

• Like 1

I remember that in the UK BK meals started getting very expensive, like seven quid and up for a decent meal. Definitely more substantial than what you get at McD. The last time I had a BK was at Don Mueang, it was about 450 baht if I remember correctly, which is over 12 GBP, absolutely stupid price for a fast food meal.

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

The last time I had a BK was at Don Mueang, it was about 450 baht if I remember correctly, which is over 12 GBP, absolutely stupid price for a fast food meal.

But this is because you chose the Double Whopper menu with cheese and bacon (at airports they like to show only menus with extras), and of course airport pricing.

I think the Golden Arches and other chains of that ilk are to be avoided at all costs, irrespective of the money they charge.

• Like 2

Just now, SteveK said:

I remember that in the UK BK meals started getting very expensive, like seven quid and up for a decent meal. Definitely more substantial than what you get at McD. The last time I had a BK was at Don Mueang, it was about 450 baht if I remember correctly, which is over 12 GBP, absolutely stupid price for a fast food meal.

Uh yeah, airports are stupid.  🙄

Yup.

I much prefer the flame grilled (or whatever) taste the odd time I go for some fast food (once or twice a month)

• Like 1

Surely there is better food to be found for a quick meal than that ovepriced slop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I like them both every now and again. BK is quite a bit more expensive. Normally get them when i am hungover and quite frankly could not give a toss if i am paying a couple of hundred baht more for a BK. I presume this is the same for many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Surely there is better food to be found for a quick meal than that ovepriced slop.

A fatty, greasy meal when hungover is a good choice, it gets the gall bladder pumping and makes you feel a bit more human.

• Like 1