BANGKOK
rech

In Thailand Burger king is so expensive compared to MdDonald, is it worth the price ?

Rechs Original Post: My answer to 1st question "In Thailand Burger king is so expensive, is it worth the price for you?": My answer Yes!

Not sure I could describe why without having a tasting of both in front of me. I wouldn't disparage anyone with a different view on value for money either.

Never heard of Carl J's (where are they?) and the last Taco Bell I was in was 4 decades ago when on work assignment in Houston. Great but no burgers back then I think. Wendy's was my favourite burger in the 70's - wonder what happened to them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Never heard of Carl J's (where are they?) 

Carls Jr are on Sukhumvit but be warned, they slather their burgers with mayo, which should be illegal in my book.

If ever time travel is invented, the first thing we have to do is go back and kill the inventor of mayonnaise.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Have not had any "western fast food"  for more than two decades, be it golden arches or any other type, and before that maybe once a year to make sure it was as disgusting as the time before

Couldn't of been so disgusting if you kept chuckin' it down your neck, even once a year, before you swore it off forever and ever, amen. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

if in and out comes to Bangkok I will rent a condo next door.

Always my first stop after arriving at LAX. 🙂

No way I ever see them here.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Always my first stop after arriving at LAX. 🙂

No way I ever see them here.

Not all US fast food travels well. I like a Taco Bell when in the US, the one over here is compete garbage.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Not all US fast food travels well. I like a Taco Bell when in the US, the one over here is compete garbage.

I agree, but quite enjoy the Sunrise Tacos on Sukhumvit.

21 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Carls Jr are on Sukhumvit but be warned, they slather their burgers with mayo, which should be illegal in my book.

CJ's has quite a few different locations around BKK, including in the Nana Mall at the corner of Suk Rd. and Soi 4 (3).

As for their burgers, if you don't like something that comes default on a particular item, you can just tell them to leave it off, and most of the time, they'll manage to comply with your request.

There's also a Burger King and a Starbuck's right nextdoor to CJ there, on either side of their location.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

26 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Never heard of Carl J's (where are they?) and the last Taco Bell I was in was 4 decades ago when on work assignment in Houston.

CJ has been in BKK in multiple locations for quite a few years now....

Taco Bell opened its first location at Chidlom in BKK some months back, and now has I believe 3 total locations in BKK (Siam Paragon and Pinklao being the others), with plans to add more in the future.

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

I don't like any food from McDonald's, only the fried Chicken.

KFC makes me feel sick after I eat it as its so greasy and fatty

Isn't this contradictory?

• Haha 1

Mc D here is nothing like the Mc D in the west. 

I would think the Burgerking uses higher quality and bigger portion food than Mc D.

• Like 1

Burger king far superior to McD's IMHO, they are definitely not "the same".

• Like 1

One of the general differences between McD and BK in the west is the way in which their burgers are cooked -- with McD's cooking theirs on a grill/griddle, and BK cooking theirs over a flame grill (although they also then get microwaved thereafter).

Here in Thailand, I have no idea how BK's actually cook their meat, but if their burger patties are flame grilled, by the time they've typically sat around in the store for a long time after initial cooking and then been microwaved, any taste or fresh cooked flavor relating to flame grilling seems to be long gone...

• Like 1

I think the OP needs to rethink his idea of a scam. Charging more for a product in 

Burger king than MacDonalds isn't a scam.