Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Oh Buddha! Motorcyclist in lucky escape as drainage pipe falls off elevated road

Recommended Posts

Oh Buddha! Motorcyclist in lucky escape as drainage pipe falls off elevated road 

 

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

A motorcyclist recounted his lucky escape after a drainage pipe came loose from an elevated section of the Rama 9 road in Bangkok. 

 

Chaimongkol Khantura's life flashed before his eyes and he "got the shakes" before he composed himself to record the incident on Facebook. 

 

He said the pipe had fallen "before his very eyes"; he employed some colorful language related to both Buddha and water monitors to recount his experience around 11 pm last night.

 

A Ruam Katanyu Foundation worker was first on the scene to warn other road users before the police sealed off two lanes. 

 

An investigation is now underway with similar drainage pipes being examined. 

 

Thai Rath said there appeared to have been a build up of mud in the pipe causing it to be too heavy and come loose. 

 

Source: Thai Rath

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, webfact said:

A motorcyclist recounted his lucky escape after a drainage pipe came loose from an elevated section of the Rama 9 road in Bangkok. 

If he luckily escaped being hit by a truck, it wouldn't be any news, that happens every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

What has Buddha got to do with it?

Probably due to the rain when the heavens opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Chaimongkol Khantura's life flashed before his eyes and he "got the shakes" before he composed himself to record the incident on Facebook. 

Drama queen .. 

 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the pipe had fallen "before his very eyes";

at the very mo' he looked up from the phone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the build up of mud was too heavy. Rubbish

Another foolish response from a government official.

This brain surgeon might want to check the specific density of saturated mud and compare it to water... then he can correct his guess to the pipe couldn't take the weight of water..... because why would a drain pipe be expected to have water in it.

 

Idiot!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

What has Buddha got to do with it?

He's head of traffic safety in Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

So the build up of mud was too heavy. Rubbish

Another foolish response from a government official.

This brain surgeon might want to check the specific density of saturated mud and compare it to water... then he can correct his guess to the pipe couldn't take the weight of water..... because why would a drain pipe be expected to have water in it.

 

Idiot!!!!

 

The density of mud, packed is equal to 1 906 kg/m³ which is almost double that of water (1 000 kg/m³) so you may want to rethink your response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adventra20 said:
2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

What has Buddha got to do with it?

Buddha supplied his amulet 

Are the police on the case? Is he like to be summonsed for supplying faulty goods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If another driver won't get you, the infrastructure will..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

Motorcyclist in lucky escape as drainage pipe falls off elevated road

Just another case of lack of inspection or maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

What has Buddha got to do with it?

How many Christians and Non-Christians would say „Thank God“ in a case like this? probably 95% so nothing else to criticize than “what Buddha has got to do with it? What a useless and ignorant comment... You couldn’t catch anything else to comment on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...