Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I dont recall leaving the single market being banded around by Brexiteers BEFORE the vote.

Indeed Brexiteers were at pains to claim voting leave did NOT mean leaving the single market.

And you remoaners are always on about, how the Brexiteers din’t know what they were voting for. Well it would seem that you and I guess many other remainers were very ignorant of the facts.

This is a new one on me but certainly  worth exploring I would have thought.

The UK already has a plan that would break the Brexit backstop deadlock

During his campaign for the Conservative-party leadership, Boris Johnson promised to establish free ports in the UK as one solution to dealing with the disruptive effects of Brexit for business. Free ports are zones where normal customs rules don’t apply so that goods are imported tariff-free and can be used there in manufacturing.

After Brexit, for example, this could be beneficial for UK car manufacturers as they would not have to pay UK tariffs on parts from the EU, though they would still be liable for tariffs on the re-exporting of cars to the EU.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/the-uk-already-has-a-plan-that-would-break-the-brexit-backstop-deadlock-1.4001590

On 8/31/2019 at 2:21 AM, aright said:

This is a new one on me but certainly  worth exploring I would have thought.

The UK already has a plan that would break the Brexit backstop deadlock

During his campaign for the Conservative-party leadership, Boris Johnson promised to establish free ports in the UK as one solution to dealing with the disruptive effects of Brexit for business. Free ports are zones where normal customs rules don’t apply so that goods are imported tariff-free and can be used there in manufacturing.

After Brexit, for example, this could be beneficial for UK car manufacturers as they would not have to pay UK tariffs on parts from the EU, though they would still be liable for tariffs on the re-exporting of cars to the EU.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/the-uk-already-has-a-plan-that-would-break-the-brexit-backstop-deadlock-1.4001590

Because any suggestion of NI being treated differently than that of the rest of the UK doesn't pass the DUP.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, citybiker said:

I concur, IIRC next Tuesday.

The Anti Brexit Barrister is also attempting to obtain/demand an affidavit (scottish legal document) from PM of his objectives of Proroguing.

Clutching at straws with that one considering No#10 would taken specific legal advice from AG Cox.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bet he still charges his legal fees which no doubt will be extortionate. .

2m ago 10:53
Joanna Cherry, the SNP’s justice and home affairs spokeswoman and one of those who brought the case against prorogation, said the decision to bring forward the full hearing to next Tuesday was a vindication of the action.
Speaking outside Edinburgh’s Court of Session, she confirmed the judge had refused to grant an emergency order against prorogation. She said:

“But he hasn’t made any ruling on the merits of our arguments that prorogation should be stopped. He wants to hear further and full argument on Tuesday morning hear the Court of Session before making a decision. I see that as a victory for us.

“Aidan O’Neill, QC, who is instructed by myself and my fellow petitioners, pointed out to the court that the court ordered that affidavits should be lodged at an earlier stage.
“The prime minster should lodge a sworn affidavit setting out his reasons for the prorogation and make himself available for cross examination before the court if necessary.
Lying as to the de facto reasons is sitting there in plain sight. Not a bother in Hard Brexiteerland.

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Lying as to the de facto reasons is sitting there in plain sight. Not a bother in Hard Brexiteerland.

They shouldn't allow  this P.M. running the U.K. whiteout being constant connected to a portable lie detector ….a serial liar 

maybe by personal preference    ...one with a nasty electroshock every time …… see it as a therapy (I doubt even it would help him , I think is a birth deficiency …) lol  :cheesy:

(O.K. is this not a definition equal to dictatorship if prepared as a government to ignore refusing follow  a law ….unless a kind of martial law is declared ...is B.J. prepared to do that in a democratic U.K. ?? ):blink:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/01/brexit-gove-refuses-rule-out-ignoring-law-passed-stop-no-deal-

Jessica Elgot Chief political correspondent

Sun 1 Sep 2019 11.38 BST

Brexit: Gove refuses to rule out ignoring any law passed to stop no deal

Michael Gove has repeatedly refused to rule out the possibility that the government could ignore any law passed by parliament to stop a no-deal Brexit and insisted there would be no food shortages if the UK did crash out of the EU on 31 October.

The comments by Gove drew condemnation from both Labour and Conservative rebels, including one Tory MP who said it showed democracy was under threat.

Gove, who is in charge of planning for no deal, did not commit to abide by any law which rebel MPs will attempt to pass this week that could mandate an extension to article 50 in the event of no deal.

(Same story on SKY News  for those who dont like The guardian ….5555  )

https://news.sky.com/story/live-boris-johnson-considers-expelling-tory-brexit-rebels-11799483

Breaking

'Elective dictatorship' row as Gove won’t rule out ignoring Commons vote

Latest updates as MPs prepare to return to Westminster and a parliamentary battle over no-deal Brexit.

18:20 (Thai Time)

UK government 'out of control'

Nothing to see here only the British Government saying it won't definitely abide by laws passed by the @HouseofCommons. The legislature becomes a pure talking shop and the executive is out of control.

more...

2019-09-01_185235.png

Archived