Holding onto AIS phone number: Will a 1 year AIS data plan do it for 1 full year?

Hal65

Or do I need to do a monthly top up?

I have their 1,800 baht/year fixed speed 1mbps plan. I do not have a voice plan as voice calls are rare.

In the online AIS dashboard i see a 200 baht balance and also this:

Valid Until
23/08/2020

I do not know if the above applies only to the unused balance, or also my AIS phone number.

4 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I do not know if the above applies only to the unused balance, or also my AIS phone number.

it appllies to your number. even with a zero balance you keep your number until that date, then you lose it with out some cash. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What are the results of the standard queries for balance check and data plan?

*121#

*121*32#  (expect 23/08/2020)

Balance was the same

2nd one showed an expire date of 07/13/20 which is 1 year ahead of when I think I bought the service (last month). 

Good to know the balance expire date and phone number expire on the same date then. Maintaining the number isn't as labor intensive as I thought it might be (and support seemed to suggest monthly top ups were required too for some reason).

10 hours ago, Hal65 said:

(and support seemed to suggest monthly top ups were required too for some reason)

I don't top-up every month.

And it is easy to extend the validity of credit by feeding 20 Baht to the AIS self-service machine.

You get 20 Baht credit and validity extended for one month.

That can be repeated up to one year max.

At least with DTAC it is easy to extend and keep your number without investing in a data plan you not gonna use or regular top-ups. You dial *1013 and for a 2 Baht fee they extend for a month. Repeat procedure till you reach 1 year validity. I would assume AIS offers something similar, if not switch providers. 

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

At least with DTAC it is easy to extend and keep your number without investing in a data plan you not gonna use or regular top-ups. You dial *1013 and for a 2 Baht fee they extend for a month. Repeat procedure till you reach 1 year validity. I would assume AIS offers something similar, if not switch providers. 

Primitive.

DTAC  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.

• Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension. ...
  • Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension. ...
  • Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension. ...
  • Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension...

26 minutes ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Im sitting out the 2 year deal in Australia so I wanted to keep my AIS number, my Girl did it for me and I pay I think its 69 baht every 3 months to keep it and when I get back will re instate my old plan.

Postpaid?

For Prepaid, you just top up 12(10+2) baht at the orange Boontherm machines;

7-eleven-ais-topup.png

76210398-bangkok-thailand-march-31-yello

30 days for each time. If it is a normal SIM you can extend up to 365 days. So a maximum of twelve top ups will give you a year. 120 baht of the 144 baht put into the machine will remain as credit.

No need to have to repeat every three months. Just max out to a full year each time.

USSD method to Extend your SIM’s validity

There are also methods for extending your balance by entering a code and deducting from your balance. To extend your validity via USSD codes:

• AIS
    • Add 10 Baht credit for 30 Days Validity
    • Alternative method: Dial *500*9#   Add 30 days validity for 30 THB via Mao Mao package

1 hour ago, jumbo said:

USSD method to Extend your SIM’s validity

There are also methods for extending your balance by entering a code and deducting from your balance. To extend your validity via USSD codes:

• AIS
    • Add 10 Baht credit for 30 Days Validity
    • Alternative method: Dial *500*9#   Add 30 days validity for 30 THB via Mao Mao package

How do you add 10 baht credit for 30 days validity via USSD code?

If *500*9# doesn't work, try *777*30#. Both offer 30 days validity and 30 minutes of calls over 5 days, for 30 baht.

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Before I left in April, I went to the AIS store and the girl topped up for me for like a whole year, then when I got back, I use my top up dollars for a new package

Wow....

You can also do that yourself at any Boontherm machine outside 7-11 or Family Mart.

30 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Wow....

You can also do that yourself at any Boontherm machine outside 7-11 or Family Mart.

Why would I do that when I can have a cute girl do it for me

Archived