Marriage certificate thailand

Puccam

Hi everyone ,

To cut it short I am married to a Thai national and I have not change my family name after my husband  yet. 

I am planing to do so soon but I understand that Thailand only issue 1 marriage certificate( if lost/damage will not be replaced) .

I would like to know what would happen in my case ? I want my name on the marriage certificate to be the same for both. 

Would they issue me another one with the name changed? Or I can just forget it .. 

Thanks in advance 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:00 PM, Puccam said:

I want my name on the marriage certificate to be the same for both. 

That is not possible. You will not be issued a new certificate and the old certificate cannot be amended.

You will get an A4 printout with your new name, stamped by the District Office. I advise you to get a couple of copies made at the same time.

If you intend using any form of ID in Thailand, you will then have to go through the process of getting your name changed in your home country, and you will have to obtain a new passport with your married name. Once you have done that you will have to take your old passport, your new passport, your marriage and name change documents and your husband to immigration. Immigration will then transfer your permission to stay into your new passport.

When you leave Thailand after this procedure, take both your old and your new passport with you. The officer on the desk may ask to see your old passport.

Archived