Pound drops as fears of no-deal Brexit grow

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

G-S now recommending Sterling purchase ahead of possible bounce of GBPUSD to 1.30 in anticipation of no-deal Brexit not happening.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've got 75k sterling looking for 40 to transfer before December for a condo purchase. That said in the block we already have a studio and love will be some great fire sales to leverage to upgrade to a 1 bedder. The perfect storm of 800,000 baht , sterling brexit dive, TM30 and compulsory med insurance are weeding out somer nice places at bargain prices.  

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got 75k sterling looking for 40 to transfer before December for a condo purchase. That said in the block we already have a studio and love will be some great fire sales to leverage to upgrade to a 1 bedder. The perfect storm of 800,000 baht , sterling brexit dive, TM30 and compulsory med insurance are weeding out somer nice places at bargain prices.  
For 75k, the difference between a rate of ~37.5 and 40 works out at the grand total of ~ 5k sterling. Nice, but not a deal maker re a property purchase IMHO.

So if Boris has a deal then we will have the rump Bercow parliament vote to have a referendum - does the UK want this deal or to remain (with an extension of course). Simples. So Boris can't blame the opposition as having rejected his deal. The Benn Act does not allow a no deal crash out. 

Sterling big rise as chances of long awaited Brexit seen to significantly increase and Remainer blocks will be smashed.
Hard Brexiteers can try and spin it all they want but Sterling goes up when no-deal goes down. Selling a silly HB spin just sounds like a stupid football supporter trying to talk up his team. On the other hand City traders happy to take your money, if any at hand.

So if Boris has a deal then we will have the rump Bercow parliament vote to have a referendum - does the UK want this deal or to remain (with an extension of course). Simples. So Boris can't blame the opposition as having rejected his deal. The Benn Act does not allow a no deal crash out. 

The shortest odds are on a further extension after October 31. Everything else long.

That 40 might just sail into view.

Archived