TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

On 9/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, MaxLee said:

What if you end up in the hospital with a heavy injury fracture and need surgery for several weeks??? Does the hospital have to file TM 30 for their patients???

Only if the hospital is out of the province!! ????????????

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mike787 said:

TM30 is never going to change, it's a money machine and a power play.

This has now become a general paranoia!
TM 30 is a form to be filled out by hotels / resorts or private individuals hosting farangs!
Make an end to this really boring discussion that has led to nothing and will lead to nothing!

1 hour ago, 30la said:

This has now become a general paranoia!
TM 30 is a form to be filled out by hotels / resorts or private individuals hosting farangs!
Make an end to this really boring discussion that has led to nothing and will lead to nothing!

AH OK!  Thank you for educating all of us on TVF, there is "nothing" to worry about.  Good to know we can all just relax now.  I'll make sure to send any concerns others may have your way since I am too uneducated to put their concerns to rest. 

this TM30 getting me confuse, can some one explain to me who need to sign up for this form.

im here on a non-o marriage(90days run as usual), have my own house/wife name 

arrival card would have my address of where im staying

is this form tm30 only for people that leave their home for more then 24hr? or you must register to them tm30 regardless

3 hours ago, mike787 said:

AH OK!  Thank you for educating all of us on TVF, there is "nothing" to worry about.  Good to know we can all just relax now.  I'll make sure to send any concerns others may have your way since I am too uneducated to put their concerns to rest. 

30la  getting concerned and lashing out at others,  i haven't read one concern on this topic more frustration of the time it consumes to a person who lives 90 minutes on a good day from IO, yes it is for my wife to do as commonly our house book is in her name, so i take her as she is a none driver but is a worker meaning it is a lost work day,  so, we go to visit friends stay in a Hotel on route there and back , now perhaps you can see why the paranoia is rife ..........

day 1  stay in Hotel leaving a passport print, 

day2 stay with friends no print everybody keep quiet, saves my friends wife having to report me in her house and missing her work,

day3 back to Hotel as in day 1 again leaving a print,

day 4 drive home and if in time go to IO or go the next day and wife miss a days work and associated time travelling to and from IO, now a question, what do i tell IO when they ask at my retirement renewal  where i stayed on the day 2 evening  if the reports are correct that there is a risk of failure to renew if the rule is not followed, so no paranoia no toys out the pram just a shed load of confused people especially when i read some IO offices say to not bother reporting when you back to the house they have on record. Do you not think it a better system to not report internal movement but be thrown out after a check finds you living in your non registered  abode, only asking and not getting depressed or having a pop at the messenger or other TV ex pats.

4 hours ago, mike787 said:

I don't give lessons to anyone, let alone a "Super Member" of this forum, I only repeated the information received from different immigrations!

On 8/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, GraThai said:

I totally agree that TM30 is an outdated law however I have lived here in Thailand for 30+  years and try to abide by all the rules including this one. Every time I return home from a trip she fills in the form pops into immigration and its done so what is the massive problem...unless of course people have something to hide?????

Your comment is asinine as the law. I lived in thailand for almost 12 years and i have been living in surin in with my ex gf in her house while also spending time in a condo in bkk...in addition i was going on motorcycle trips pretty much every weekend to koh chang, khao lak and prachuap khirikan...if anyone of my friends woukd have had to follow that idiotic rule they would have been making weekly trips to the office...not to mention my gf who would have had to go report several times a week. I don't have anything to hide except my contention for the present governement because if would air my opinion and some real facts about the entire exercise i would probably get arrested...so keep on defending the asinine law and post for all to see what kind of a misguided person you are. No offense intended. Cheers

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, GraThai said:

I totally agree that TM30 is an outdated law however I have lived here in Thailand for 30+  years and try to abide by all the rules including this one. Every time I return home from a trip she fills in the form pops into immigration and its done so what is the massive problem...unless of course people have something to hide?????

good for you but when from your home in Sisakat its  a three hour round trip ever f time , and traveling hours to tell them hay I am home again , or   sitting around in immigration in Bangkok ever time you go for a weekend to report your staying in your own condo . or traveling from Kata beach to Patton by  cab and back at accost of 800 baht to say I am staying at my property in kata .and  the stupid app don't work properly .

20 hours ago, shan777 said:

good for you but when from your home in Sisakat its  a three hour round trip ever f time , and traveling hours to tell them hay I am home again , or   sitting around in immigration in Bangkok ever time you go for a weekend to report your staying in your own condo . or traveling from Kata beach to Patton by  cab and back at accost of 800 baht to say I am staying at my property in kata .and  the stupid app don't work properly .

None of it makes any sense for the reason given to enforce it ,  for the millionth post on this subject i would not if i was a person who was a security threat be telling IO my where about so it is a meaningless exercise, costing the economy and additional pressure on the IO, just go to CW on a Monday  morning and see the pressure they work under.

My suggestion is to put efforts into other avenues other than 70 year old men with families over hear and who support the people and country.

9 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m a FIFO on a multi entry 90 day Non-B Visa. I never stay more than 3 weeks in Thailand and have never been to immigration. 

I rent a condo in BKK and sometimes go to Pattaya for the weekend. 

Does TM30 affect me at all? 

I would have thought it was the Condo owners responsibility to do a TM30. Then again if you never go near Immigration no one will know.

13 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m a FIFO on a multi entry 90 day Non-B Visa. I never stay more than 3 weeks in Thailand and have never been to immigration. 

I rent a condo in BKK and sometimes go to Pattaya for the weekend. 

Does TM30 affect me at all? 

may be wrong but i think tourists are the only ones not affected

It amazes me how Thailand can fall so far behind other countries, and claim to be "Free Land"

The entire Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

One example is Cambodia (communist), where you can get a one year business visa for US$300.00,

with no other red tape, and can own land, Business, and be like normal Cambodians.

While here in Thailand, retired can not work, own land, and have Bookoo, never ending paper work.

Falangs seem to be Guilty unless proven Innocent, with Discrimination running rampant within the Government.  And now they take another step Backwards with the TM30 nonsense.

19 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

It amazes me how Thailand can fall so far behind other countries, and claim to be "Free Land"

The entire Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

One example is Cambodia (communist), where you can get a one year business visa for US$300.00,

with no other red tape, and can own land, Business, and be like normal Cambodians.

While here in Thailand, retired can not work, own land, and have Bookoo, never ending paper work.

Falangs seem to be Guilty unless proven Innocent, with Discrimination running rampant within the Government.  And now they take another step Backwards with the TM30 nonsense.

Great comment regarding Thai Immigrations nonsensical immigration policies.  I can't imagine how difficult it is for western embassies to meet with these people and keep a straight face.      

On 8/29/2019 at 10:44 AM, mania said:

BTW: you say you have lived in Thailand 30+ years but joined this forum 12 minutes ago.

That is a record for sure ????

i want aware membership on thaivisa was a condition of residence.

i know people who have been in thailand for 15-20 plus years who would never consider reading thaivisa let alone join.

Archived