BANGKOK
webfact

TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

13 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m a FIFO on a multi entry 90 day Non-B Visa. I never stay more than 3 weeks in Thailand and have never been to immigration. 

I rent a condo in BKK and sometimes go to Pattaya for the weekend. 

Does TM30 affect me at all? 

may be wrong but i think tourists are the only ones not affected

Agree with comments above and now someone in the 'big house' has decided to do the same for all the Thai's with a TM30T form just for them with same/similar rules and reg's... it just get's better every day!!!

19 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

It amazes me how Thailand can fall so far behind other countries, and claim to be "Free Land"

The entire Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

One example is Cambodia (communist), where you can get a one year business visa for US$300.00,

with no other red tape, and can own land, Business, and be like normal Cambodians.

While here in Thailand, retired can not work, own land, and have Bookoo, never ending paper work.

Falangs seem to be Guilty unless proven Innocent, with Discrimination running rampant within the Government.  And now they take another step Backwards with the TM30 nonsense.

Great comment regarding Thai Immigrations nonsensical immigration policies.  I can't imagine how difficult it is for western embassies to meet with these people and keep a straight face.      

• Haha 1

Is part of the reason about Thailand is that it has never been colonised and educated in the ways of the Western World albeit nought everything is perfect there either.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:44 AM, mania said:

BTW: you say you have lived in Thailand 30+ years but joined this forum 12 minutes ago.

That is a record for sure 😉

i want aware membership on thaivisa was a condition of residence.

i know people who have been in thailand for 15-20 plus years who would never consider reading thaivisa let alone join.

• Sad 1