Pattaya Police to investigate "fake" temple allegedly set up for "zero dollar" Chinese tours

webfact

Pattaya Police to investigate "fake" temple allegedly set up for "zero dollar" Chinese tours

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook claimed that a temple in the Pattaya area has been used for what is known as "zero dollar" tours for Chinese people. 

These are tours in which Chinese and sometimes Thai investors keep all tour proceeds for themselves without sharing the money around. 

The claims were made on the "Big Karian" site on Facebook about a temple in the Khao Mai Kaew area of Bang Lamung. 

There were reports of large numbers of tour buses with Chinese people visiting the temple that contained a fake chapel to appeal to the Chinese. A Chinese investor is believed to be behind it all. 

Overpriced amulets and religious trinkets worth tens of thousands of baht were sold to the faithful.

Sanook went to the temple and spoke to locals who said that the community gets none of the money. No one benefits except the Chinese investors and those who they deal with. 

It has a "new style" and employs "Chinese looking" men and women, said Sanook. 

They went there but found it largely deserted. 

Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn - chief of tourist police in Pattaya - said that the temple would be investigated by his men and religious affairs representatives today.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-29

There used to be large numbers of coach loads of Chinese coming to tour the temple near to me (Nong Khet Noi). Absolute nuisance as they blocked the roads out of the village onto Hwy 36. Heaven forbid you wanted the nearby 7-11 when they had arrived. They don't seem to come anymore. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There used to be large numbers of coach loads of Chinese coming to tour the temple near to me (Nong Khet Noi). Absolute nuisance as they blocked the roads out of the village onto Hwy 36. Heaven forbid you wanted the nearby 7-11 when they had arrived. They don't seem to come anymore. 

I can hear the monks of Nong Khet Noi chanting at 4:30 in the morning, sometimes.  Then, there's the rock music from time to time; overall, not a nice area to live.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

100s of Chinese tour buses around Pratumnak Big Buddha.

Wait???  We were told last year that there were no longer any Zero dollar tours from China!  Perhaps these are all really Western Europeans of Chinese descent since we have also been informed that Chinese tourists are PRIMO and spend more than anyone else per capita.  Only westerners are cheap Charlies!!

3 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Wait???  We were told last year that there were no longer any Zero dollar tours from China!  Perhaps these are all really Western Europeans of Chinese descent since we have also been informed that Chinese tourists are PRIMO and spend more than anyone else per capita.  Only westerners are cheap Charlies!!

we were also told that there was no prostitution in pattaya

15 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I can hear the monks of Nong Khet Noi chanting at 4:30 in the morning, sometimes.  Then, there's the rock music from time to time; overall, not a nice area to live.

Sometimes? Pretty much every morning particularly during lent as we are now. I doubt there is anywhere in this country  that is peaceful, or rather few and desolate places. Someone somewhere is having a fete, festival, party, funeral etc etc. I wish they would sleep it off sometimes and not a start up again at sun-up

On 8/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, Anythingleft? said:

Each week they come up with something different to keep Thailand truly amazing

I think the latest is an attempt on the world record line of pencils , be still my beating heart. 

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

The real Pattaya will have zero zero tours and zero Chinese tours. The fake Pattaya will be full of Chinese that spend a lot. 

The real Pattaya has a lot of tourists.  I believe the statistics that show tourist numbers are up.

What I don't believe is the revenue from them is up also.  I would suggest it's way down. 

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The real Pattaya has a lot of tourists.  I believe the statistics that show tourist numbers are up.

What I don't believe is the revenue from them is up also.  I would suggest it's way down. 

The Chinese are clever business people. Their tour groups often use in many countries (not only Thailand) Chinese owned transportation, restaurants, hotels and shops. So almost everything is organized in a way that the money flows back to Chinese people. But that they even built a fake temple to sell temple items to their tour groups is new approach.

4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The Chinese are clever business people. Their tour groups often use in many countries (not only Thailand) Chinese owned transportation, restaurants, hotels and shops. So almost everything is organized in a way that the money flows back to Chinese people. But that they even built a fake temple to sell temple items to their tour groups is new approach.

Let's not forget, because the majority of them are package holiday tourists, the accommodation, transportation, most meals, activities, tours, and minor complimentary things, are prepaid in China. 

The profits from the trip itself doesn't even get to Thailand. 

Archived